My seller level's dropped to below standard

My seller level's from top sellers dropped to below standard because of 4 closed cases without me. So, my sales dead in the last 2 months because of my level. It's Chicken-and-egg problem. If I want to back to the top seller level I should sell good but I couldn't because my level is below! 

How should I  recover my shop? 

Message 1 of 17
Latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

I would close the store for now and just use the 40 free listings per month seeing as you only have 16 items listed.

At least until you get some more sales to boost the percentages.

A store is only viable if you list around 100 items and with a good turnover.

I dont understand why you didn't solve the cases without eBay having to get involved.

Then you find yourself in this situation.

image host
Message 2 of 17
Latest reply

Edit - Then you wouldn't find yourself in this situation.

image host
Message 3 of 17
Latest reply

because of 4 closed cases without me

As kopes said, there you have it. Ignoring cases won't do you any favours, as they are the main metric that eBay rates for Top Rated Seller.

Message 4 of 17
Latest reply

@kopenhagen5 wrote:

Edit - Then you wouldn't find yourself in this situation.

ESL again? Smiley LOL

Message 5 of 17
Latest reply

No.............WBMOS

(Wolf Blass Merlot on special) Smiley Very Happy

image host
Message 6 of 17
Latest reply

That'll do it.

I'm related to the founders of that, but nothing trickled down my side of the family, unfortunately.

Message 7 of 17
Latest reply

Hi there, 

I had a very bad time, wm wife in the hospital. Only me and my 7 months old boy! I couldn't manage all together! 

@kopenhagen5 wrote:

I would close the store for now and just use the 40 free listings per month seeing as you only have 16 items listed.

At least until you get some more sales to boost the percentages.

A store is only viable if you list around 100 items and with a good turnover.

I dont understand why you didn't solve the cases without eBay having to get involved.

Then you find yourself in this situation.

Message 8 of 17
Latest reply

@foofooshop - sorry to hear about your wife.

You DO have a responsibility to your buyers and need to take time to deal with issues when they arise. A case can take just 30 seconds to resolve, so it's not going to impair your abililty to look after your wife and son.

I'm a seller on Amazon, and that site 100% does not care if you have business or personal issues. They expect every seller to have a backup plan to get an item to their buyer, or to deal with any problems right away, otherwise your metrics will take a hit.

Ebay is really no different - if you are unable to sell due to family health reasons then you need to put your shop on vacation or halt your listings. You really need to deal with buyers problems otherwise you will rapidly find yourself unable to sell on this site.

Message 9 of 17
Latest reply

We had a case where a buyer claimed non receipt and eBay said to resolve the case with the buyer by 31st or they may step in.

On 30th we again contacted the buyer to see if the goods had been received with a view to offering a refund if not. 

Buyer did not respond, rather escalated the case with eBay, who closed the case on 30th in the buyers favour, and handed us a transaction defect.

Appeal to eBay on basis they said we had until 31s to resloved the matter with buyer fell on deaf ears.

Message 10 of 17
Latest reply