Need some help on held funds.

Being new to the boards, and only having set up my account on the 6th of this month, l have been lucky enough to have some sales.

l have read and tried to follow as best that l can, this new rule about the 21 day hold.

Whilst taking into account the seller and buyer situation or sides to this new decision, my payments are all on hold, l have to spend money outside of my due payment to send items off and extra postal costs etc, etc.

My other ebay account has over 10 years of good feedback, no red or grey dots, all great results, when ebay/PayPal advised me  to link it up to my original id. the lady said that l can receive payments through that old email address.  Bit ????able,  today PayPal tells me the CS person was wrong in telling me that, and l will not get my funds any sooner, all my items were sent with Aust. Post Tracking, customers have left great feedback for my new selling account.  A great start. 

Where do l stand please ?  l feel l am being looked at as being a "risk", which l am not.  So 10 years of good bay f/b means zilch !!

What can l do about getting my funds realeased earlier, calling ebay and PayPal fell on "deaf ears."  Any help grateful.

Message 1 of 20
Latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

@kopenhagen5 wrote:

FOS - http://www.fos.org.au/

I was having the same problems on a new ID earlier this month - asked Paypal to check the history on my current account of 5 years & they admitted never once had there been a problem, still wouldn't lift the 21 day hold.  So I warned them I would take it to the FOS and they didn't care !  Well, it did take about 14 days, but the hold was lifted and has not been applied since and the FOS contacted me to ensure the problem had been addressed & fixed to my satisfaction, so you shouldn't have any problems.

Good luck donald & powersports Smiley Happy  and perhaps try again moonia with FOS

Message 11 of 20
Latest reply

Sorry Donald... Been busy and had not checked back on this one.

Kopes has provided the link. Thanks Kopes.

The process was pretty simple.

Just fill in an online form, submit, then you will receive a confirmation email and reference number.

After some time (don't recall exactly how long) they sent out a follow-up message to see if we were happy with the result.

As I said, from the time I lodged the form until the holds were released was no more than 48 hours.

Similar to you we had two other ebay selling IDs with a lengthy good track history.

We quoted this to the FOS as it seemed reasonable that they should not hold funds on our newly established ID.

Message 12 of 20
Latest reply

I was told by Paypal that the buyer gets a separate e-mail asking them to click ok once they receive.  If the buyer clicks this link you will receive your money instantly.  If not you will wait the 21 or more days.

Message 13 of 20
Latest reply

@girl82721 wrote:

I was told by Paypal that the buyer gets a separate e-mail asking them to click ok once they receive.  If the buyer clicks this link you will receive your money instantly.  If not you will wait the 21 or more days.

I've never had one of those from Paypal...........................but perhaps that's only for sellers that have held funds.........smiley-confused013.gif

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 14 of 20
Latest reply

Hi i am haveing the same where do i go to the financial ombudsman

regard Dorothy

Message 15 of 20
Latest reply

Here's the link for you Dorothy.

https://www.fos.org.au/

Message 16 of 20
Latest reply

@girl82721 wrote:

Unless it is a very new initiative then this is not so.

Paypal does not make things easy for their customers.....it is up to the seller to see that the buyer has the item and then let paypal know.

They can show paypal a tracking event that shows the item is delivered or feedback left by the buyer.  If they get a message from the buyer that can also be used to prove delivery.

Message 17 of 20
Latest reply

@lyndal1838 wrote:

@girl82721 wrote:

Unless it is a very new initiative then this is not so.

Paypal does not make things easy for their customers.....it is up to the seller to see that the buyer has the item and then let paypal know.

They can show paypal a tracking event that shows the item is delivered or feedback left by the buyer.  If they get a message from the buyer that can also be used to prove delivery.

Hahaha, lyndal you got caught on an 18 month old post..............smiley-says-no-emoticon.gif

Spoiler
Go immediately to the Norti Room, do not pass "Go"..................................

Message 18 of 20
Latest reply

*sigh*   I know Padi...I noticed that just after I posted.

At least I know that the information was correct for the time.   I have never heard of paypal sending emails for the buyer to click on even now, much less way back then.Smiley Wink

Message 19 of 20
Latest reply

As far as I was aware there were no such emails. I had funds held on a new account until I got it sorted with the FOS. I've also bought from new sellers (less than 5 feedback) and never received any emails regarding that purchase.

Message 20 of 20
Latest reply