Negative feedback left for not cancelling a sale.

If I hear one more time that my child has purchased this item, and I want to cancell it - I will have to scream.

I have been left a negative feed back for a sale the buyer did not want to complete.  I opened an unpaid item case, and it went through the process and now he has left me negative feedback saying  "Rude seller, don't waste your time. Buy from someone else."

Which is totaly false, unfair & defamatory.  I am always polite, and explained why I don't cancel the transaction, as per a discussion with eBay customer service.

Why do customers that don't pay have a chance to leave negative feedback. They made the error then expect the seller to wear the consequences. Not happy.

Message 1 of 12
Latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Do what CQ said.

If they were a non paying bidder and the dispute closed showing that, ebay will remove that feedback.

Ebay could easily set things up so that once an unpaid item dispute was closed in a seller's favour, all feedback on that item was removed or blocked. It would be an easy enough computer program.

Message 11 of 12
Latest reply

@*sparklz* wrote:

Unfortunately for some tome now even once a dispute is closed buyers have been able to leave feedback.

Another thing ebay have "fixed" that was never broken Man Mad

So annoying that the seller has to then go through the process of getting it removed.

I don't know that this is always the case.

I had a non-paying buyer just last week: they left me feedback (I assume by mistake) before they had even paid for their item.

I opened an UID a few days later, and as soon as I did, their feedback disappeared (I actually thought that someone had negged me whilst I'd been opening the case, because I noticed that my score had decreased by one!). I closed the case four days later and feedback did not re-appear.

Whenever I've closed an UID, I've not been able to leave feedback for the buyer (and they evidently haven't been able to leave it for me, because I've never received feedback from a non-payer).

Message 12 of 12
Latest reply