Negative feedback

I thought I would give selling ago. Was selling on Facebook alot. I follow the rules really packed well. Put everything in description correctly. I sold a coin. No where did it say comes with certificate. Buyer messages saying has none to send to him immediately. I said It didn't come with one. Did not say it did. But ill ask supplier him get straight back. He Leave a Negative with in minutes. I appeal it to Ebay they refuse to do anything. Is there an appeal process? I can't find a email contact for Ebay Was on live chat for nearly 3 hours just to ask how to dispute a new feedback. Thanks
Message 1 of 13
Latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Negative feedback

@bilboh-62 wrote:
No where did it say comes with certificate. 

The buyer likely expected one because all official sources for the coin state it comes with one, and when yours didn't, it raised questions as to the authenticity of the coin. 

Normally when a buyer requests (or demands) something not offered in a listing, neg feedback they leave for not getting it stands a good chance of getting removed, but I'm honestly not too sure with this one. Some items can be implied as included with certain products because that's the standard and if they're missing, you'd need to mention it (eg, if you buy a brand new phone, you'd expect it to come with a charger), but on the other hand, you could argue (to eBay) the fact that all sources explicitly mention the COA to communicate the buyer will receive one, by leaving it out you were indicating by default it doesn't have one - could be worth a shot but I think it's a bit 50-50 in this situation.

Do you know why a COA wasn't provided by your supplier, as it would have been issued with one. 

Message 2 of 13
Latest reply

Negative feedback

I see that the original issue did have a Certificate of Authenticy:    so probably the buyer thought he was justified to ask where it is.

On the other hand, I am not a fan of buyers who leave instant negs without giving the seller some room to negotiate.   I think the OP is saying he offered a return.

Message 3 of 13
Latest reply

Negative feedback

No, sorry - scratch that, I mis-read

Message 4 of 13
Latest reply

Negative feedback

in his feedback the buyer appears to offer to return the coin. If he does this through ebay's system, once he has been refunded the transaction is negated so  you should then be able to get the feedback removed.

Message 5 of 13
Latest reply

Negative feedback

Hi Ya I offered him return, id even pay for the postage, So many people want this coin, it just keeps getting more expensive. yet he refused, I wasnt aware it even came with a Cert, I told buyer Ill message supplier see what the go was. If I get one will send straight away. He left a negitive immedialty before I even had a chance to get a reply.  Ignores all messages now. I could sell the coin with out any cert for twice that now, So I guess he knows that to. Thanks everyone for inpiut 

Message 6 of 13
Latest reply

Negative feedback

So it might be worth your while trying live chat again.    The buyer has left negative feedback asking for a return.

Message 7 of 13
Latest reply

Negative feedback

Ebay policy staates:

You're not required to agree to any extras or changes from the terms of your listing. If a buyer is making demands that are not a part of your original listing, you will be protected from negative feedback and defects when you either deliver the item purchased by the buyer according to the original terms of your listing, or cancel the transaction.

Message 8 of 13
Latest reply

Negative feedback

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

If you want to sell coins successfully you need to know what you are selling.

I have been collecting coins for decades and have never known these boxed coins to come without a COA.

Whether you mention it or not, any knowledgeable buyer would expect to get a COA without having to ask for it.   I would be pretty cheesed off too if a seller said they would have to ask the supplier about it.

You may not get the feedback removed.....it is factual and not abusive.

Message 9 of 13
Latest reply

Negative feedback

Don't get too wound up about it. There are plenty of nasty people around, so you have to tread carefully. Everyone knows the feedback system is a joke and unfortunately you are a sitting target.

Message 10 of 13
Latest reply