New Seller....not sure what to do about buyer who won't communicate with me

jokah78
Community Member

I had an item for auction last week, it ended on Wednesday night. I watched the auction and noticed that there was the same people out bidding each other, then all of a sudden a person who only joined ebay in June and has no feedback at all kept coming in and out bidding everyone. I had to say I was a little worried because the item went for a good price and this person had no feedback at all, but I figured everyone has to start somewhere right?

The item ended on Wednesday night, the seller contacted me at 7am Thrusday morning asking for the details to do a bank transfer, I thought this was a bit odd considering they should have got that info in checkout. I didn't answer and then again at 8:30 I got another email asking the same thing. I replied through ebay and gave them the details and I haven't heard from them since. I have emailed them back twice since then and told them if I have no confirmation of payment today that I am going to re sell the item, but still I haven't heard from them. I don't think I can re sell again until tomorrow night, but the thing is I was selling concert tickets and the concert is in a couple of weeks, so I want to get them back up for sale.

What should I do?

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

You can offer them tothe next higher bidder via Ebay.

There is facility for this.

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

There's a drop down list next to the listing's title in My Ebay - click on Second Chance Offer. You should open and close a non paying bidder dispute first.

TCT
Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

Normally you would close a non payer case or send an agreement to mutually cancel before offering to next bidder BUT as it is a time frame item just offer to the next bidder and if the other buyers payment shows in your bank account then ask for their bank details so you can refund them.

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

Keep in mind you risk receiving negative feedback from your original buyer regardless of what you do. Opening and closing a case is the only way to prevent stop them doing that.

TCT
Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

Feedback 1 stessing over a Feedback 0 ???????????????????

Dont Change your Price , Change your Customer
Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

If you were the OP who is a new seller and relatively new member you would also be concerned about dealing with a non payer. He has come here for advice and information - not to be insulted. Lack of experience is a disadvantage for anyone.

TCT
Message 7 of 7
Latest reply