No sales it is frightening .Anyone else ??????

1 sale totalling $6.50 in 8 days

Message 1 of 66
Latest reply
65 REPLIES 65

I totally agree with everyone!

Its like a ghost town.......I too am not purchasing any stock and havent for a while.

I am dealing with a few silly buyers offering sometimes no more than 10 or 20c in the dollar for items. 

I have gone form a healthy monthly tunover to next to nothing thank goodness its not income I rely on.

I feel for those Sellers who do rely on ebay sales it must be devastating for them.

Ebay need an agressive marketing campaign on both traditional forms of media and social media IMO.

I just dont get a company that passively sits back and lets its base market erode like this. I get the whole big traders and China market is lucrative thing however its a flawed model if you put all your eggs in just a few baskets.

I would loveeeee a read of ebays 2015/16 business plan lol. 

Message 21 of 66
Latest reply

@lurehouse wrote:

My sales are also down 80% over the last month and I would not be supprised if ebay is throttling us smaller sellers.

In answer to your question WHY ARE BIG NAME STORES COMING TO EBAY.

Simple,they want to wipe us out and then they will pack up and go back to just selling on there own websites.Just like years ago when Coles and Woolies wiped out corner stores and butchers ect well now its the same only its on the internet 

This is my thinking also! As I said a few weeks ago, it appears to be a 'self-correcting' of the globalist agenda, or put another way the pattern of monopolization of big business.

Another poster earlier in the thread commented that it is very revealing that eBay have not commented on the lack of sales, throttling 'rumours', traffic or sellers current worries, I would say it is very revealing indeed!

Message 22 of 66
Latest reply

One of my Hard Drives was dying and I had to shut down the store for an entire month (to get the data recovered). When I came back, my sales were dismal compared to before. At first I thought it was just a bad day, then I realised it was my search ranking that took a dive. Apparently hiding your listing from buyers will still act it is still live. No sales for an entire month = Lower search ranking = Less sales.

I took the guts to end all my listings (which was alot) and then "Sell as similar" as I did some research about the Cassini search engine rank and what determines it and I found out that if items arnt sold for 30 days then you drop down dramatically.

After selling as similar, sales are back up to normal, some days are **bleep** but most are good. If you have items that don't sell for a long time then its best to end and then Sell as similar "NOT RELIST"

Message 23 of 66
Latest reply

Wouldnt it be funny if Google bought out Ebay after the Paypal split, after the google penalties and the Panda update.  

Just putting it in writing first.  Lol

A lot of people seem to be saying that Ebay "need to do this" or "should do that"...  

I really believe they ARE doing exactly what they need to do, in line with their plans for Ebay.  Their plans just dont match up with our plans or what we want... and they havent made their plans public yet.

Message 24 of 66
Latest reply

@ourphonecase wrote:

One of my Hard Drives was dying and I had to shut down the store for an entire month (to get the data recovered). When I came back, my sales were dismal compared to before. At first I thought it was just a bad day, then I realised it was my search ranking that took a dive. Apparently hiding your listing from buyers will still act it is still live. No sales for an entire month = Lower search ranking = Less sales.

I took the guts to end all my listings (which was alot) and then "Sell as similar" as I did some research about the Cassini search engine rank and what determines it and I found out that if items arnt sold for 30 days then you drop down dramatically.

After selling as similar, sales are back up to normal, some days are **bleep** but most are good. If you have items that don't sell for a long time then its best to end and then Sell as similar "NOT RELIST"

Interesting, and worth a try!

Message 25 of 66
Latest reply

I'm putting my lower number of sales down to either Joe Hockey or ebay tinkering again

Message 26 of 66
Latest reply

April was great for me, 12 sales of preloved clothing, but May was an absolute shocker. It seems to just be dependent on the buyers choice, so hopefully June will be a good month!
Message 27 of 66
Latest reply

Just logged into eBay My Account and got the huge 20% Off Target promotion.  With that kind of stuff thrown at users in huge large promotional graphics, it's no wonder buyers are not looking at the smaller sellers.  Wish eBay would run completely random promos like this supplied by any seller with a good track record.  It would really open things up for us.

Message 28 of 66
Latest reply

Just like others have mentioned here and in other posts, the same concerns are expressed on the eBay USA site. Seems one reason is the influx of Chinese sellers whose postage is subsidized by the Chinese Government. ....... worth going on to eBay.com to read some of the discussion boards. And yes, big advertising by Target and others would distract buyers ........ getting drowned out !!
Message 29 of 66
Latest reply

They want us smaller sellers gone and they will do it quickly and swiftly this year I fear,take these points as a hint the new deficit rating system, scammers taking advantage of the 6 month money back including shipping, chinese sellers and big name brands taking over.

I had to refund only about 6 buyers in the first 10 years on ebay now I am getting a couple a month, that alone is bad enough but add all of the other points I mentioned and we haven't got a hope of hanging on.

I have my own wesite but am finding it difficult to get rated on google without spending huge ammounts of money on SEO services so once again the big brand stores have tyou covered even outside ebay as they can spend millions on advertiising(I mean brainwashing).I am not a pessimistic person but I am just about over this online selling B.S. and struggling everyday and worrying abouit it...................

Message 30 of 66
Latest reply