No send invoice.

Now I don't have the send invoice option,just this?

No invoice.PNG

So does that mean I can't  send a combined invoice when I sell multiple items to the one buyer?

If I use the Print address option I get this below,(which is totally useless to me).

Invoice and address labels
Address labels and invoice / packing slip
Invoice / Packing slip
Address labels
1 label per page2 labels per page
Invoice for your own records
All (address label, invoice / packing slip, invoice for your own records)

Message 1 of 18
Latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

No send invoice.

I do pretty much the same. I describe all my items accurately, including any faults, or what buyers may perceive as faults, so there is no excuse for dinged stars. The funny thing with the stars is, so many buyers still don't know that a seller can see who gave what stars.

I had a buyer a few weeks back give me 3 stars for everything, with raving good positive feedback. There was nothing wrong with the description, nothing wrong with communication (I'd sent a message asking that they not pay until they'd finished buying when I could see they'd bid on other items), postage cost was consistant for 4 items and despite having a 5 day handling time, I posted the same day as payment.

That burnt me a bit, so I sent them a message asking if there was anything wrong that they'd trashed my stars. They replied that they didn't know sellers could see who gave what stars and that they give 3 stars for everything, regardless of how good the item and service were. I told them that wasn't the case and they could find themselves blocked from a lot of sellers for that attitude. They thanked me for letting them know and said they look forward to buying more stuff.

Sorry, ain't gunna happen. They were already on all 3 blocked lists, so they can try all they like.

Message 11 of 18
Latest reply

No send invoice.

I am really stupid - with the new late shipping defect system I haven't been as concerned about dinged stars and had totally forgotten we could still actually see who the culprit is Smiley Embarassed, but I hate when you offer the opportunity for combined post & it is totally ignored, then you cop less than 5 stars for postage costs.  And just to rub salt into the wound, the same day I got a message from eBay suggesting I should consider offering Fast & Free !! Yeah, whatever Smiley LOL That ain't gunna happen either !!

Message 12 of 18
Latest reply

No send invoice.

How do you still check who left a low star? Smiley Surprised I've only got the old school DSR report now, which shows a count of all stars for each rating etc, but is a lengthy process to determine anything at all. >_> 

Message 13 of 18
Latest reply

No send invoice.

Aaah, now I have to fess up - I forget, so was going to go on a witch hunt (if I could be bothered, lol).  Somewhere, ages ago it was discussed here on the boards - I wonder would Dave know Smiley Surprised . . . . . .

Message 14 of 18
Latest reply

No send invoice.

its anoying that buyers just expect postage reductions when buying multiple items. if you buy 3 seperate items each listed with the cost to post you are agreeing to that total.

if a seller is a good seller they will offer a reduction as its possible to pack items together therefore getting a lower cost to post.

but i dislike the attitude 'i buy 3 items i want post reduction'

refunds/reductions should be a sellers decision and should they decide they dont want to reduce the price thats up to them.

to be given a kick because you dont reduce the post cost shouldnt be allowed.

of course i know if we wern't compelled to reduce charges most wouldn't, i would but i treat buyers like i would want to be treated.

i'm very suprised at how many buyers who ive refunded overcharges to don't even say thank you.

we dont get a gold star because we buy new boxes and bubble wrap ect

we get the same treatment as sellers who use old tatty boxes with second hand bubblewrap.

for me to use a used box/bubblewrap i inspect both and they must be as good as new except the box might have labels and tape from previous use.

Message 15 of 18
Latest reply

No send invoice.

It's something along the lines of running a report (if the report is still available) with 10 transactions you KNOW are 5-star. Then swapping one out and another in until the report shows a drop. It is fairly time consuming, I believe, as it takes/took a while to generate each report.

I can't remember who posted the method, I just remember it was possible when the old, old defect system was in place.

Message 16 of 18
Latest reply

No send invoice.

Generating the report doesn't take long. What takes the time is finding those 10 transactions with 5 stars. If you use 10 and it doesn't show 5 stars, you have to scrap that 10 because you don't know which one was dodgy. The numbers also expire after about 14 months from sale, so then you have to go and find a new 10. I check every feedback before leaving feedback for the buyer.

Message 17 of 18
Latest reply

No send invoice.

Ahhhh.... Drat, I got my hopes up for a minute. Smiley LOL

I know how to do it the old way with running reports, and have done it that way in the past, but now most of my items have multiple quantities, so it could take me hours to try and figure out just one star, since I'd first have to narrow it down to an item, then a specific date. 

If they were still defects I might be miffed enough to try, but since they're not I'll just avoid looking at DSRs all together. Smiley Very Happy

Message 18 of 18
Latest reply