Non paying bidders I have had number of non paying bidders .

I have had a number of non paying bidders. Ebay needs to support the sellers and introduce  a rating system that addresses how many times the member has not proceeded with the purchase , this will deter  these time wasters and give credibility and status back to Ebay.

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

eBay gives you the tools to stop/minimise non-payers, just use them. Set up your BBL for a minimum of 2 strikes in 12 months etc. Also set up your non-payers to be automatically sanctioned and get a strike if they don't pay within 4 days.

https://www.ebay.com.au/help/selling/getting-paid/resolving-unpaid-items-buyers?id=4137

Or you could get rid of auctions and just have BINs with immediate payment and you'll never get another non-payer.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

Ebay does have a system to minimise these issues.

1) You can block any buyer you like, for any reason, especially ones that give you grief. You can have up to 5000 blocked ID's, so go for gold.

2) You can set up buyer preferences so that it decreases the chance of an issue: Have a look in Your Account/Selling Preferences/Blocked Buyer List - and then set up your buyer requirements as mentioned above by @Padi.

3) You can automate the dispute process for non-payers

However, if you get rid of auctions and set your items to Buy It Now, with Immediate Payment activated, you will remove non-payers 100%, forever. This is the only method that will give you peace of mind.

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

@mustang6566 wrote:

I have had a number of non paying bidders. Ebay needs to support the sellers and introduce  a rating system that addresses how many times the member has not proceeded with the purchase , this will deter  these time wasters and give credibility and status back to Ebay.

-------

I know it sounds like a great idea at first glance but it won't be implemented.

1. It wouldn't help future sellers as it isn't as if you would see the person's status anyway until after they had made a purchase.  It might cause you to pre judge them in fact. Even in a law court, previous convictions are not usually allowed to be mentioned. But look at it this way-you can judge the non paying bidder about how they deal with the purchase from you. If they don't pay, regardless of their pristine rating or whatever, you can still lodge a non payment dispute and follow through.

Time wasters will only be deterred if they find themselves blocked from enough sellers, so put your blocks in place each and evcery time.

2. It might turn off buyers. This is the real biggie. Imagine you are a buyer and there have been a couple of transactions you did not proceed with. And imagine this is showing in your rating system, on show to the world. The really bad buyers might not worry but for others, it might be a turn off, a point of resentment and cause them to abandon ebay altogether.

There would be quite a few bad buyers out there who would blame the system for their rating, you need to appreciate that. It would be 'I just made a mistake', 'The ad wasn't clear and I bid in error", 

The only solution I can really see that would work to cut down non payers would be for ebay to change over to a system that called for immediate payment on all items except auction items, otherwise the transaction was not completed. I can't 'buy' on any other site I go to unless I pay first.

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply