Ordered items changed ??

Hi everyone,

Ok this is really strange so I am asking if others have ever experienced this at some stage.  On the 9th July a customer ordered some model signs from me, I printed out the Packing Slip and proceeded to fill the order, as I collected each item I marked it off  on the PS, once order was filled I posted to customer, thinking that all was well.  I got a phone call from customer today stating that items were doubled up and some were missing, I apologised profusely and went and got my copy of packing slip and asked the customer what was missing and he gave me my item numbers and the numbers of the double ups, when I checked my packing slip the items that he was saying was missing were not on my packing slip, but the double up ones are, very confusing, anyway I went to the order on eBay and printed out the packing slip again so I had a clean sheet to work from and the new packing slip is nothing like the original order, think I must be mad, they are the same total except totally different products, how the hell does this happen I am totally lost, and I am so lucky with this wonderful customer as he is as confused as me, and is sending everything back so I can get his order sorted and sent back to him, but this should not have happened and I can't work out how the hell the same order is totally different from being printed when items sold to now, this is insane, anyone got some clarity so I know I'm not going crazy, thank you 🙂 

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Ordered items changed ??

can't help I'm afraid....but this will bump your post, so more can see it....good luck

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

Ordered items changed ??

I guess I should start by asking the obvious - apologies in advance 😳 - any way the wrong slip was printed? Like it was someone else's order the first time around?

Otherwise, I can't really explain that or say I've experienced anything quite like that, more some very minor anomalies. I pick using a tablet - basically I look at every sold item (photos included), pick it, then take the days orders to my packing area and use the packing slip to allocate the items to the correct package. So far I haven't gone too wrong with this, save for a couple of minor hiccups where an item wasn't showing on ebay as part of the order (when I was picking in the stock room), but it was on the packing slip. 

Probably completely unrelated, I also remember a couple of years ago, actually, I had someone place a relatively large order with me, picked and packed everything perfectly, or so I thought, until the buyer contacted me to let me know one item was missing from the package and the packing slip, (the buyer confirmed this, as I include the packing slip with the package). I checked their order, which did show the item, and reprinted the slip and lo, it was suddenly included. (I know the item itself was left out of the package as I had a photo of everything that was included for that specific order). 

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

Ordered items changed ??

Thanks for your input.  I have checked all details on both printed packing slips and all the details are identical except for the items ordered, including the total amount paid and the quantity of products.  It's all good am going to send the customer a copy of both printouts so he can see what I have been looking at. I thought about asking eBay about it all and sending them the copies of the Packing Slips but I think that is just a waste of time and energy as you never get a straight answer from them, you learn so much more from the gr8 people here that do have the knowledge to help 🙂

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

Ordered items changed ??

Thanks heaps, it sure is a weird one that is for sure, just curious if anyone has ever seen anything like this before 🙂

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

Ordered items changed ??

When I get an order, I get an email notification with an image of the item sold and the quantity.

Do those notifications match up?

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

Ordered items changed ??

No they do not match. For the life of me I cannot work it out and I guess I never will, but I think from now on when I get orders of more than one item I will check back before I post to make sure this never happens again.

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply