POOPY PAYPAL! UPDATE

princessvictoria22012
Community Member

Hey all,

This is an update from the previous discussion about month back.

I did contact the ombudsman as advised by one of you ebayers well to my surprise it turned out in my favour more than expected.

I hoped for at least part of my money back, actually I was sceptical if anything would happen at all.

However after a long letter from paypal explaining that they followed their policies blah blah blah they had a little bit at the end saying unfortunatley they gave the buyer all money back rather then only some and that paypal was giving me back a full refund.  I nearly fell off my chair when I opened my email and read the last bit. 

The paypal executive that I had contact with me, she was polite and very helpul and answered my emails immediatly so all in all it ended well.  I wonder who forked out the cost was it at paypals expense or the horrible ebay buyers expense who knows, who cares it turned out well for me.

Now who was it that suggested I contact the ombudsman, I owe you one big time thanks heaps xxxx

🙂 regards

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

POOPY PAYPAL! UPDATE

princessvictoria22012
Community Member

To those of you who are confused about this post and discussion please see discussion titled POOPYPAL back around a month or so ago.

I had an issue with paypal giving a buyer all monies back and what happened was really not cool so an ebayer suggested I contact the ombudsman to fight my case for me.

The ombudsman contacted paypal and well as you all can see the outcome was more than i had expected.

🙂

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

POOPY PAYPAL! UPDATE

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

Was it the refund for the gold beads?

I would still love to know what happened to the "fake" gold bead that was supposedly destroyed.

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

POOPY PAYPAL! UPDATE

Ebayer 1 v PayPal 0  :^O

"Be the change you want to see in the world" Mahatma Gandhi
Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

POOPY PAYPAL! UPDATE

It is highly likely the refund came from Paypal and the buyer got away with it.

Those payments come out of Paypal's profits on seller fees. Too many and the fees will go up.

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

POOPY PAYPAL! UPDATE

The money will definitely have come from Paypal.

I had that confirmed when I disputed a refund and Paypal agreed to a discretionary refund (I had the items back in perfect condition too and PP told me to keep them as they should never have found in the buyer's favour in the first place). They said unfortunately there was no way they could get it back from the buyer.

I didn't have to go to the Ombudsman but it did take several emails and phone calls plus a lot of hair tearing out!

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 6 of 6
Latest reply