Paypal Scam transaction

PSA - Posting this on a few places as it's a new scam attempt I got this morning:

Whatever you do - DO NOT call the number in the note - it is the scammers phone number

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Paypal Scam transaction

I call scam numbers back . . . but I do it from a Telstra pay phone! Costs nothing, doesn't give my number away and is nearly always engaged/disconnected.

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Paypal Scam transaction

What is "PSA" that people keep posting? Also, how do you know it's the scammer's phone number? Did you call it?

Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

Paypal Scam transaction

No idea either as to the PSA.

But no need to call the number........................Screenshot_20230106-130446_Chrome.jpg

Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

Paypal Scam transaction

PSA = Public Service Announcement

Yep I was dumb enough to call the number, 10 - 15 secs into the call realised it was bs.

Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

Paypal Scam transaction

Given these scams are absolutely rife at the moment, what possessed you to call the number? They are plastered all over the internet, including mentions on these forums, so can't work out why you'd even consider calling the number if you'd checked your accounts and saw no suspicious transactions. Next time it will be your number that is spoofed to try to scam people. Be prepared for some abusive phone calls. Or just scam calls in general.

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

Paypal Scam transaction

PSA = Public Service Announcement

Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

Paypal Scam transaction

I call scam numbers back . . . but I do it from a Telstra pay phone! Costs nothing, doesn't give my number away and is nearly always engaged/disconnected.

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

Paypal Scam transaction

Called the number - and when they answered - that was my "oh frack moment, **bleep** am I doing" 😂

Message 8 of 8
Latest reply