Paypal account compromised by eBay International AG

amb4491
Community Member

Hey my paypal account was just compromised by eBay International AG. They managed to set up an automatic payment as follows (copy and pasted): Bill Term Initiated Date 26 Dec 2017 Billing Limit $375,000.00 AUD (per month) The first payment of $11.98 was made yesterday 3 March 2018. (lucky they tried to fly under the radar and went for small amount). Of course the payment is totally bogus and there is nothing listed under purchase details. A quick search suggests that eBay International AG has been doing this for years, you would think paypal would be wise to this by now and would be blocking all such transactions. Naturally I cancelled the automatic transaction and reported an unauthorized transaction, which automatically compelled me to change my password. But I know very well it is not my security that has compromised.

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Have you sold anything? eBay International AG is where ALL eBay fees go.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

What alerted you to this?

Was it 'just' an email or did you see it in your paypal statement ?

Have you reported it to both ebay and paypal?

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

Have you sold anything? eBay International AG is where ALL eBay fees go.

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

Yes thanks for the prompt dave. My daughter sold something and I accepted the payment into my paypal account. Dec 26 is the date someone bought the item then imediately asked for and received a refund. Somehow that initiated an automatic payment with $375,000 monthly limit!. The $11.98 appears to be a fee that ebay is charging her, even though she was taking advantage of an ebay promotional offer where the first sell is free of charges.

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

Sorry, that post was made from my daughters account (aau0616).  I forgot to log out after checking details about the sale she made.

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply