Paypal pick up

Hi

Is it true you need to offer Paypal as as  payment option for pick up only ... furniture etc ?

Thanks

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Paypal pick up

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

Yes, that is correct but you can also say that Cash on Pickup is preferred.   You just cannot say that it is the only payment method you will accept.

Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

Paypal pick up

Paypal are in the process of extending protection to pick up items, at the moment there is no protection however there is also no seller protection should the buye fund their payment with a credit card and do a charge back.

I would message any buyer who pays with Paypal that they have no protection paying with Paypal and ask if they would prefer to pay cash after inspecting the item to make sure it is as described. If they still want to pay with Paypal ask them for id, driving license would be best, with their address on it and tske a copy an make a receipt, one copy for each of you, saying the item has been examined, paid for and accepted. If they then tried doing a chargeback   you have all the info you need to go to the police to have them charged with obtaining goods by deception.

You have mail

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

Paypal pick up

Thank you for yoyr feedback.

Bit upset thou that PP hol payment for 21 days

while the buyer has use of my items.!

PP want tracking incl

Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

Paypal pick up

* your

* hold

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

Paypal pick up

It is hardly the buyer's fault that you have a paypal 21 day hold on your account.

Have you actually asked them to pay cash when they pick up the item?

Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

Paypal pick up

You can request Paypal release the hold on your payment. I don't see the logic in that stupid policy, or how it can even be legal. I mean, buyer has paid, buyer has item, money should be yours to do with as you please. And the fact that PayPal allow disputes up to 180 days, why the need to hold funds for 21 days!

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

Paypal pick up

one way to maybe get around the 21 day hold for large amounts of money could be to sell a few low value items with post delivery first, then that money gets the 21 day hold, once its been cleared begin selling higher value items.

i think the 21 day hold is a once off

wont help you but its just a thought for other new sellers.

Message 8 of 8
Latest reply