Paypal withholding money

Paypal has withheld my funds on my last two sales - it had never happened to me before. Paypal is getting interest on our money for 21 days, when we should be getting the interest.

I believe this is illegal and I am seriously annoyed!!!

Is anyone up to date on what is going on with the complaints to the Financial Services Ombudsman?

Message 1 of 15
Latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Paypal withholding money

@nuthinbutposters13 wrote:

Who/What is FOS ?

eBay/Paypal are frustrating me so much lately. They also hold my funds for 21 days. I have 2 ID`s, one for BIN listings and one for Auction listings. Both have 100% positive feedback. My other ID (not the one I am writing this from) has approx 180 Positives in the past 12 months. I generally sell 15 to 20 items a month on it. In their wisdom, last 2 months they decided to "below average" seller due to 4.7 DSR on postage time. The first month they dropped my available listings from 1200/$11500 to 60/$800, then last month dropped it further, to 30/$600. Now for the good bit, at the same time, they have made me a Power Seller.

Go figure, I`m a Power Seller but can only sell 30 items a month. Can`t see me keeping my Power Seller icon long based on that

Post quicker? What is yor stated hanling time? Do you adhere to it? Must be a reason why a significant number of your buyers are less than happy.

Message 11 of 15
Latest reply

Paypal withholding money

davewil1964

99% of my stuff is posted within 24 hours of payment confirmation. I live in a regional area, and the local post office is in a newsagent, not a stand alone post office, so most postage takes 2 days just to get to the capital city, before being posted on to the address. SELLERS CAN`T BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR AUST POSTS POSTAGE TIMES.

I think you also missed the point of my post, on one hand they are upgrading me to a Power Seller, while on the same day, reducing the amount of items I can sell to a ridiculously low level

Message 12 of 15
Latest reply

Paypal withholding money

As long as none of your stars go under 4.4 and your feedback (different to defects) stays above 98% you will keep PS. It makes no difference, in my experience, to sales, anyway. Nor does TRS. Anecdotally, not even Premium Seller. And PS and selling restrictions are handled by different, non-communicating, bots.

Maybe prominently note in your listings that you are regional? Maybe increase your handling time to lessen buyer expectations.

SELLERS CAN`T BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR AUST POSTS POSTAGE TIMES.

Sellers all know we aren't responsible for AP delays; a lot of buyers don't seem to. Ergo...

Message 13 of 15
Latest reply

Paypal withholding money

PAYPAL IS AN ABSOLUTE RIPOFF!!!

Message 14 of 15
Latest reply

Paypal withholding money

listen to dave change your handling or posting time ,telll buyers you are in the bush , i have just checked your selling items , you have postage between wed to friday this week ,  then you post on here it takes 2 days just to get to your city, how are they going to get interstate in that time frame.

Message 15 of 15
Latest reply