Please KEEP the pressure up over the 21 day hold.

I just had to ring Ebay about something else, and while I was at it I asked to speak with someone about "the ridiculous 21 day hold on Paypal funds".

Remembering - when I last spoke with Paypal, they told me (and I have the transcript to prove it) that it was EBAY and not Paypal who had placed the hold on the funds.

The Ebay CS (read Chimp Squad) asked me to hold while she transferred me to the relevant person.  Guess where she transferred me?  PAYPAL - so I want to know who REALLY has the hold on the funds.  I was on hold for 20 minutes before I hung up disgustedly.  Clearly they are under pressure - let's hope the pressure  stays firmly applied.  I know I for one have had an absolute gutful of the *&%t.

monkeys-in-suits.jpg

Message 1 of 11
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Everyone affected needs to lodge a complaint with the FOS. The more that do, the more fines they get and the more likely they will back pedal. This is going to take a lot of angry sellers to get this fixed, so we need all the complaints possible. 10 complaints is good. 100 would be much better. 1,000 would be even better again because then it starts eating into their profits.

Financial Ombudsman Service

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 11
Latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Everyone affected needs to lodge a complaint with the FOS. The more that do, the more fines they get and the more likely they will back pedal. This is going to take a lot of angry sellers to get this fixed, so we need all the complaints possible. 10 complaints is good. 100 would be much better. 1,000 would be even better again because then it starts eating into their profits.

Financial Ombudsman Service

Message 2 of 11
Latest reply

great.  thanks for the link Woman Very Happy

Message 3 of 11
Latest reply

also click on the tell us what you think link at the bottom of the page and let them have it.
Message 4 of 11
Latest reply

Done ๐Ÿ™‚

Message 5 of 11
Latest reply

This policy to hold funds is a disgrace. I don't know how anyone can think Paypal are brilliant. This must be illegal somehow? And how is one supposed to send items when funds to cover postage are locked away in Paypal high investment account? Utter gutter rubbish all in the name of "security".........................

Message 6 of 11
Latest reply

are locked away in Paypal high investment account?

Probably the Overnight or short term money market, very safe for them and easy money.

Message 7 of 11
Latest reply

I have no idea nor do I give a sh it but it is WRONG. I will ask the buyer that we work out an alternative method for transaction. F**K paypal and feebay. Die a death.
Message 8 of 11
Latest reply

It will be interesting if and when another e pay systems gets widespreead use and people start to list it as a payment method on ebay, what ebay does.

I THINK they will try to limit it's exposure AND de emphasise the items in searches and up the PayPal one's to the top of the list.

Just my HO.
Message 9 of 11
Latest reply

Great idea.This is a new level of theft.They also had the aducity to send me the bill.

Start using craiglist.

I have TAKEN ALL MY ITEMS IF OFF EBAY!

HERE IS A LINK TO PAYMATE.

https://www.paymate.com/cms

Ebay

: people sell things because they need money you fools.

Message 10 of 11
Latest reply