Please be AWARE of this type of message!

een7219
Community Member

Hi Everyone,

I am writing this to make sure no one suffers lost from fraud.

I have been keep receiving messages from some "buyer" by firstly asking if accept PayPal or bank deposit. (always for high value items).

Those "buyers" will then sent a message with a story such as they are buying this for their daughter, etc. They will keep asking to you send them a message from you PayPal linked email, or send them a money request through PayPal.

After they got your email address that link to your PayPal account.

They will send a payment received notification protending from PayPal.

And demand you to post your item, saying you will receive your fund after you provide a tracking number.

Somehow, this fund would never be cleared. Because you not even talking to PayPal.

THE most annoying part is they actually using the same story!!!!!

Again, if you DON'T see the funds on your PayPal account as holding.

DO NOT SEND the GOODS!!!!!!!!!!!

Regards

Message 2 of 39
Latest reply
38 REPLIES 38

Will see what happens when newbie gets a tap on the shoulder advising them they won't be receiving their funds for 21 days even after they have to post all of the expensive items they've sold!

Message 21 of 39
Latest reply

@padi*0409 wrote:

@tazzieterror wrote:

That is a complete camera - there's nothing unusual about describing it that way. And these normally sell for circa $3k brand new, so $2225 (current high bid) isn't unrealistic. 

Nope tazzie, it's listed as the body only.

"Canon EOS 5D Mark IV 30.4 MP (Body Only)"

Yes, "body only" and "complete camera" can be used interchangeably in the DSLR world.  You're assuming a "complete camera" means it has a lens included - that is not the case. 

There's nothing wrong with the terminology that's been used here.

NEVERMIND ON TROUBLES!!! LET'S DO HOBBY!!!
Message 22 of 39
Latest reply

It's a DSLR - the "body only" is a "complete camera".

Message 23 of 39
Latest reply

I suppose that most people buying a camera at that price may already have lenses on a camera they already own. I don't know enough about this field, although one of these days I would love to take up photography as a hobby.

Message 24 of 39
Latest reply

@countessalmirena wrote:

I suppose that most people buying a camera at that price may already have lenses on a camera they already own. I don't know enough about this field, although one of these days I would love to take up photography as a hobby.

Yes, at that level they're very much modular systems, so once you have a few lenses you're happy with, you keep those long term and just upgrade the camera every few generations.  You'd normally see a camera like this that is sold with an included lens termed a 'kit', e.g. 5D Mk IV + 24-70mm 2.8 USM kit.

Don't take up photography - it's addictive and ends up costing more than expected Smiley LOL

Message 25 of 39
Latest reply

Look another camera has turned up after the last one SOLD for $2700 !

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/383570795329

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/383558331129
Message 26 of 39
Latest reply

One odd positive feedback on this seller ? Just waiting for the camera feedback...
Message 27 of 39
Latest reply

More than one - did you see their feedback left for others?

Message 28 of 39
Latest reply

They must of popped up today. Interesting one on the expensive video camera he bought for his mum... sold two of those ? Waiting to hear from the new owner(s) of the Canon camera(s)... maybe on it's way to Oman !
Message 29 of 39
Latest reply

UPDATE: Camera #1 buyer left some odd green feedback ?
Message 30 of 39
Latest reply