Postage and Profits

Hi I havent sold on ebay for over 10 years, and have just started again

I am shocked by how much it costs to send a 500g satchel $8.25 in 2004 it was $4 something

I was wondering if sellers find that having to charge more for postage has affected their sales over the last years or do you find that people are willing to pay $8+ for a parcel item (which im finding is pretty much 99% of the stuff sold on ebay) 

If a buyer bought a t-shirt for example at 10.00 and the postage is 8+ than there paying about 20 dollars and the incentive to buy online over a retail store has got to be comprimised? 

Any tips on how to save on postage?

Look forward to your replies

depotsupplys

Message 1 of 21
Latest reply
20 REPLIES 20

Postage and Profits

Have done it (listed at a fixed price)  it requires re-listing for several weeks and eBay are at the end, the beneficiaries, perhaps are they (buyers) used to see my fixed priced items eventually getting re-listed in the auction format and they now wait for that change to take place before risking a bid... It is a fact snippers are all over my auctions, some are quite nice and I am happy to have them, they are sooo honest that they offer me more sometimes so guilty they would feel, I think I will let the rest of the stock go and will call it quit...

Message 21 of 21
Latest reply