Postage glitches?

I had a sale this morning to a lady in the UK. She bought 4 items from the same listing and her postage should have come to AUD$15.00.

However, on the sales record, I see that she has been charged AUD$24.00???

Can anyone see if there is anything weird going on with the listing or maybe I'm having a brain melt:

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/292523342153

International postage is $6.00 for the first item and $3.00 for each subsequent one, so I'm a bit baffled.

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Postage glitches?

Looks correct in the listing but appears buyer has been charged 4 x $6.

Did the buyer purchase 4 individual or perhaps used cart and it didn't comnbine ?

I am assuming if they have selected 4 different colours they cannot select 4 in quantity and has done 4 individual purchases.

image host
Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

Postage glitches?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I went into the listing and did a "Rate Check."

Plugged in 4 items, chose UK and the postage comes up there as $15.00.

BUT next to it where it says "each additional item" is $3.00 it has calculated that and added it on to the $15.00 therefore ($15.00 + 3 additional items @ $3.00 each = $9.00)  Total calculated by system is then $15.00 + $9.00 = $24).

I think therefore it is somehow wrong with the configuration of international postage.

Hope this helps somehow, that is all I know.

Best wishes

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

Postage glitches?

When I do a rate check for UK, it shows $6 and $3 each additional.

image host
Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

Postage glitches?

Thank you all.

I have double checked the international postage cost and from what I can see, it was definitely set at $6.00 for the first and $3.00 for subsequent items, and although the buyer bought everything in one go, it has charged her $6.00 per item.

I have written to her to explain and will refund her the difference.

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

Postage glitches?

Anonymous
Not applicable

For the Postage Discount/Combined Postage Option to work you must do the following first (make sure the rule is enabled).  Here are the steps:

Click on your "Account Settings"  (via drop-down arrow upper left hand side of Ebay Home Page)

Click on "Site Preferences" under "My Account"

Under the "Selling Preferences" heading, Scroll to the heading in bold, "Postage Preferences offer postage discounts on combined purchases"

Click on "Show" on the right-hand side of screen, then click on "Edit" right-hand side of screen.

Under the "Combined Payments" heading click on "Edit" then make sure "Combined Payments" is Enabled by ticking the box which says "Allow buyers to send one combined payment for items purchased" if not done already enabled.

Choose the time period, then click on SAVE.

Next, scroll to next heading "Flat Postage Rule"

Click on "Create"

Choose "Add an amount for each additional item" from the drop-down list.

Continue to follow the screen prompts from there and follow the instructions.

The postage discount rule should be automatically applied from then on, for your listings, unless you disable the above settings or edit them.

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

Postage glitches?

Thanks HealthandLifeStyle - I already had the Combined Postage Payment enabled in my preferences.

I never enable the Flat Postage Rule because I have many different shipping profiles for different weighted items so I usually create a profile which covers a number of items and then apply the profile as needed.

In this case the profile was set up in the same way I have all my other different shipping profiles, so I just don't know why it didn't apply the reduced postage.

It's just weird as I have been setting up variations in my listings and applying shipping profiles for the last 3 years and have not had a postage issue like this before.

Appreciate your help though!

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply