Postage options ? trying to work out the best & cheapest way to do things

I am only relativly new to this Ebay selling and trying to establsih the best and fairest way to post things.  In my shop, most items can be small, so I try and keep the costs down and send in an envelope using the "large letter rate" if the item fits all their critereia with weight, size etc......my question is, is the only way to post these is with actual stamps, that are purchased from the Post Office or can I purchase the Postage say through the CLICK & SEND facility if I was to register or is that only for 500g upwards type of parcels?

Thanks in advance

Message 1 of 26
Latest reply
25 REPLIES 25

click and send and ebay postage labels are only for parcels.

Ebay satchels with ebay postage labels are the most economical postage method for parcels of 500g and 3kg.    The option also gives you a small discount for calculated postage.

Message 2 of 26
Latest reply

My items are mostly small enough to go as a large letter also.  I used to use shurtuff mailers and sandwich the item between two sheets of stiff card to make them flat enough.  I get acid free board from  my local stationer so that there is no risk of discolouration of the item inside.  However recently I discovered a selller here who has flatpacked boxes designed to meet letter post requirements, and I've switched to these, they are cheaper than the cardboard and mailer, and quick and easy to pack.  Search "letter posting box" if you are interested. They have A4 size ones for larger lightweight items, and A5 ones for smaller things.

These still need to be taken to the PO or have stamps added and posted in the red box, but I go to the PO daily anyway, as I photograph all my large letters at the PO after they have been stamped to satisfy Paypal's proof of postage rules.

Cheers,

Penny
Message 3 of 26
Latest reply

@lady_and_the_tramp wrote:

I am only relativly new to this Ebay selling and trying to establsih the best and fairest way to post things.  In my shop, most items can be small, so I try and keep the costs down and send in an envelope using the "large letter rate" if the item fits all their critereia with weight, size etc......my question is, is the only way to post these is with actual stamps, that are purchased from the Post Office or can I purchase the Postage say through the CLICK & SEND facility if I was to register or is that only for 500g upwards type of parcels?

Thanks in advance

The Post Office do sell pre-paid paper envelopes in 3 or so sizes. The C4 size, over 250 gms - up to 500gms (A4) is $3.50 which is cheaper than buying your own envelope and a stamp (stamp alone is $3.50).

Message 4 of 26
Latest reply

@am*3 wrote:

@lady_and_the_tramp wrote:

Thanks in advance

The Post Office do sell pre-paid paper envelopes in 3 or so sizes. The C4 size, over 250 gms - up to 500gms (A4) is $3.50 which is cheaper than buying your own envelope and a stamp (stamp alone is $3.50).

All prepaid large letters are valid to 500g - C5($1.80), C4($3.50) and B4 (more).

You also get a 5% discount on 10 packs and 10% in lots of 50.

Stock up before letter prices probably go up 30% in September.

Message 5 of 26
Latest reply

All prepaid large letters are valid to 500g - C5($1.80), C4($3.50) and B4 (more).

You also get a 5% discount on 10 packs and 10% in lots of 50.

Stock up before letter prices probably go up 30% in September.

Sorry to go off topic a bit. I keep losing my internet connection so hoping someone can confirm.

I was looking to buy some prepaid large envelopes but as I will probably want to register them I am now thinking of

buying the large B4 prepaid Registered Post envelopes.....I think it works out to around $5.90 each which INCLUDES the postage, the envelope, registering, tracking/article number, signature and up to $100 cover automatically....up to 500g in weight up to 2cm thick max.

Cheaper and easier than buying seperate mailer/envelope, adding postage and adding registered post label

Message 6 of 26
Latest reply

from the Aust Post site the cheapest discount is if you buy 100 at a time - a big investment!!   which works out at $6.84 each

but that's $684.00 of envelopes.... eek.

You might be thinking of the box of registered labels 50 for $155.   = $3.10 each, but if you add postage at $3.50 it is $6.60

of course for the smaller 250g postage it would be $2.10 plus $3.10 = $5.20.

Message 7 of 26
Latest reply

@curraone wrote:

from the Aust Post site the cheapest discount is if you buy 100 at a time - a big investment!!   which works out at $6.84 each

but that's $684.00 of envelopes.... eek.

You might be thinking of the box of registered labels 50 for $155.   = $3.10 each, but if you add postage at $3.50 it is $6.60

of course for the smaller 250g postage it would be $2.10 plus $3.10 = $5.20.

I managed to get back to the site this morning, this is what I was thinking of:

Registered Post B4 prepaid envelopes (pack of 10)  $58.90

http://shop.auspost.com.au/product/registered-post-b4-prepaid-envelope-pack-of-10-0590192

Would that be an 'online only' price or would they be that price through a Post Office also?

Message 8 of 26
Latest reply

wow, that is better, I wonder why we got different answers?

Message 9 of 26
Latest reply

scratch that - I was doing express envelopes!!! silly me  Smiley Embarassed

Message 10 of 26
Latest reply