Postage time

Is others have issues with postage and how long its getting to customers, i have found with COVID its taking longer, i have had to message everyone and thank them for the purchase and to be aware that items are taking longer than normal cause of COVID and my handling time is 1 day Mon to Sun ( I have envelopes and stamps ready and mail in red box asap ) even though some people are giving me low in postage time for feedback when i sent within 1 day and its in Aus posts hands, this can effect any top rated status, its frustrating, anything more i can do?

Thank you

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Postage time

Delays have been experienced in most countries for over 12 months due to covid.  Not sure why you are bringing it up now.

The easiest thing to do is to extend your handling time by a day or so.  

The way things are globally this scenario is likely to keep happening.

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

Postage time

You are raising peoples' expectations by having such a short delivery time.

Change your handling time to a longer period, and your customers will not have unrealistic expectations.

Take the pressure off yourself, as most other sellers have done, and adjust your delivery time to something longer e.g. 3-5 days, some have even gone up to 10 days.

Do some research and check out other seller's delivery times, you will see very few with 1-day delivery. 

If they don't realise by now that the post is delayed due to the Virus, they must have been living under a rock for the last 15 months.

Good Luck with whatever you choose to do.  

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

Postage time

No problems here. I have a 5 day handling time and usually try to get the parcel sent by the next day. I have recently had a few sales to WA from NSW and they all arrived in 5 days or less. The arrived within my handling time, which the buyers absolutely love.

Posting in a red box means nothing. Just because you say you post on a Sunday, doesn't mean the buyer believes that, given you are sending without tracking. These days, anyone with less than a 3 day handling time is asking for trouble. A one day handling time doesn't earn you any brownie points, it just sets you up for unrealistic buyers, and dinged stars.

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

Postage time

Might just be me, but when I make a sale:

I message the buyer to thank them for their purchase. And let them know what to expect.

Always lodge my parcel and get it scanned at the local post office.

Let them know how to track their parcel on Auspost website (as the eBay parcel tracker doesn't get updated as frequently). When they can see their parcel going backwards and forwards between Sunshine West, Chullora and Redbank Plains before crossing the Nullabor - not a single complaint directed at me yet (touch wood).

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply