Postage times....

saarzi
Community Member

Anyone had any items delivered yet?

I sent several items on Monday (NOT priority) and Ive had emails from buyers to say some were already delivered today.

That includes from me (rural NSW) to rural VIC!

So much for two speed deliveries?  unless they are just getting used to it.

Message 1 of 25
Latest reply
24 REPLIES 24

Postage times....

Thanks Clarry .... will follow suit 🙂 

I have added a note to my 'description' suggesting that if you want 'priority' let me know and I'll add it to your invoice, otherwise will just continue as usual.

Message 21 of 25
Latest reply

Postage times....

@dotm2004 wrote:

That makes me feel much better .... I had a message yesterday which read ..... "Did you really send it, cos it's not here yet - please check if you really sent it".   That was a letter post mailed on 20th from Hobart to NSW.  I explained that I don't send the postage notification until AFTER it has been posted and haven't heard back.

On the other hand, I posted a 5kg satchel to  Victoria on Friday18th ... checked the tracking on the following Wed ....BUT  it had already been delivered on the Monday 21st !!  

The same as your experience crow, I can't work out how they operate. 

I've found in a lot of cases that satchels arrive quicker than large letters and parcels. One example is, 3 days to Mackay from rural NSW as opposed to 8 days to the same buyer with a regular parcel. I'm tempted to start using satchels to some locations for that reason.

Message 22 of 25
Latest reply

Postage times....

Usually, anything sent via letter within my city (Bris) arrives the next business day. Sent two last week and they both arrived 3 days later.

I know that's the advertised timeframe but 3 days to deliver letters within a capital city is rubbish, imo.

Message 23 of 25
Latest reply

Postage times....

Exactly !   The delay seems to have started just before Christmas.    Usually mail is delivered next day locally, and to Victoria 2 days later.

I can understand why my Victorian buyer is complaining.

Message 24 of 25
Latest reply

Postage times....

Most businesses try to make their goods and services better.

Australia Post has made theirs worse - intentionally - by taking longer to deliver the same service, and by charging more money for it. 

An excellent strategy.

Message 25 of 25
Latest reply