Postal times

Winding down my presence on internet these days. About 5 years ago i could send an intra state of NSW parcel and get feedback the next day. This week i had a few sales on Sunday 15th, 100 free listings, and was paid quickly and had all in the mail Tuesday.

For all the fuss of Aust Post getting its act to together,  all my sales were interstate VIC and Qild, only one feedback today amd tracking suggests the other parcels have not even reached the local PO.

A book set to USA to Alibris, Nevada sent 11 days ago via Air still has not arrived.

.5 years ago, I used to send Friday local time and it would arrive USA time Tuesday (mostly by econ mail).  In Feb, 2015 it took an alibris airmail parcel 25 days to be received at Nevada..

i have no idea what has happened. as my understanding is things are getting better via technology. Has Sydney decentralised mail again to places far off? Is international mail going to say, Goulburn sent back to Masccot sent to Singapore and then onto USA?

Would like someone to give me link to explain why things are slower.

Message 1 of 13
Latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Postal times

And what happens if the buyer is not available during delivery hours? How much time and petrol is reasonable to go to the depot and collect?

Croy presumably sells books, so I doubt they would be sending too many 12kg parcels.

Message 11 of 13
Latest reply

Postal times

dont post offices open business hours too , and you can have it delivered to your business also,

i am going on about a different service as sellers are complaning about the AP service, that 12 kg parcel is still cheaper than a sachel up to 3 kg for a book ,  but if you send small things and letters well you have no choice but to use AP.

Message 12 of 13
Latest reply

Postal times

Just a follow up out of 4 parcels sent by courier   ,i took them on monday at about 11am. in dandenong vic.

tuesday 10.03 delivered to adelaide,, tuesday 10.17 delivered to donvale melbourne,,  tuesday  9.17 delivered to nsw...

only the tasy one has not arived yet. not bad 

Message 13 of 13
Latest reply