Posting DVD's and Games 2016

Hi,

I have a bunch of secondhand DVD's and Games that I want to sell and I am trying to find out the best way to post these within Australia. Given the fact that these DVD's and Games are not worth heaps of money, what is the best way to post them cheaply, as I don't want to scare off potential buyers with crazy postage rates. Would using a padded C5 envelope with 2 or 3 $1 stamps on it suffice? 

I have looked around for recent info on this (2016) and most of the info out there is outdated since Australia Post has changed their prices and rules etc. I thought this thread could become a good update/discussion on this topic and hopefully turn into a good resource for people selling DVD's and games etc. If you have an opinion, know of other options, or have experience posting DVD's and games, I would love to hear your thoughts.

Thanks

Tony

Message 1 of 13
Latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

If you know your PO well then ask them for a letter gauge as then you'll have the thickness guide you need

for items that can go as letter rate.

I did send a few thicker case items earlier in my selling but as noted you can only fit one in the smaller envelope

and two in the bigger one.

I post all my items via the post office and they know I prefer the stickers instead of the stamps as it contains the

time and date that the item was sent.(I always get a receipt as well so I have that info).

Posting via the PO also makes certain the correct postage is charged,(I have a set of scales that items are

weighed on).

Message 11 of 13
Latest reply

Thanks go-tazz, I will keep that in mind.

Message 12 of 13
Latest reply

I prefer prepaid envelopes and buy them in 100 lots to save 10%, works out at $2.20ea.

These are the best for series as they usually weigh over 125gm and the prepaid envelopes will allow 500gm as long as it goes through the slot.

As said above, I use the larger prepaid envelope to post 2 dvd's or 2 series side by side as that way they still fit through the slot

Message 13 of 13
Latest reply