Profit restrictions for selling precious metals on eBay

pinkmanwhite_bullion
Community Member

Fellow eBay-ians (I think that's a good description!),

How do people actually make any decent profit on eBay after their RIDICULOUS fees?!?! I mean 7% final value, listing fees, paypal feels.... the list goes on. Yes the market is global, but in the precious metals business the markets are extremely tight.

There has to be a better way!!

Message 1 of 10
Latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

It is actually 9.9% FVF

Message 2 of 10
Latest reply

Last time I looked there was nothing compelling you to use ebay to sell your items, if you can find a better way then the best of luck but most sellers either make a profit they are happy with or they don't waste their time.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 3 of 10
Latest reply

Fellow eBay-ians

(falls off chair rolls around floor clutching sides )

Oh I love it :^O:^O:^O:^O:^O:^O

Oh,on topic-precious metals um er platinum is the rarest and heaviest of the precious metals. All of the Platinum ever mined would fit in the average size living room.

Message 4 of 10
Latest reply

Precious metal has always had an extremely low profit margin on eBay, which is why most sellers bank on having a solid trading history and encouraging bank deposit wherever possible. 

I think there are several other options for trading bullion etc, but you're probably better off looking for a specific forum of traders for the best advice. 

Message 5 of 10
Latest reply

Fellow eBay-ians

is your post only intended for those members whose name is "ian" ?

Message 6 of 10
Latest reply

does the OP think a buyer is going to pay more than the current metal price for this stuff?

Message 7 of 10
Latest reply

Is Heavy Metal worth much ?

TCT
Message 8 of 10
Latest reply

Geez, way to go in helping the OP guys (well some of you)

Why post if you've got nothing of value to add? Just to kick the boot in to the OP a little? Sheesh

Don't blame me. I didn't vote him in ...
Message 9 of 10
Latest reply

How do people actually make any decent profit on eBay after their RIDICULOUS fees?!?! I mean 7% final value, listing fees, paypal feels.... the list goes on. Yes the market is global, but in the precious metals business the markets are extremely tight.

selling bullion is never going to be easy, and eBay has the cheapest  fees at 10%, if you look at putting your items thru a regular Coin Auction House, you'll find the fees are around 20% or more. The only one making a profit on those "silver proofs'' is the mint.

they were never intended to be sold and onsold at a profit, thats why the mint put such a premium on them way above bullion price, THEY make all the money!

Commodity prices are low at present, particularly gold at its lowest for a long time

Perhaps you should re-think buying speculative 'product' from the mint if you want to buy items for a quick investment.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
~~ ~~ ~~ Those who do right, have nothing to fear.
Message 10 of 10
Latest reply