Promoting an item costing $10 then the buyer doesn’t pay and it’s a waste of $10

Hi everyone, just feeling a bit hard done by. 
I’ve promoted several items recently, costing approximately $10 for a 7 day auction. 

Then the buyer doesn’t pay, and doesn’t respond to a reasonable request to explain if they want it or not. - have to wait 5 days to cancel the sale so I don’t get a bad review. 

Then have to start the auction from scratch and wait another 7 days to sell the item, it’s quite frustrating and also a waste of $10 to promote it. 

I think eBay should give me a free promotion, or reinstate it as it was to begin with. 

also a few times the buyer has no history and has made the account that week, it seems silly to me. 
has anyone had a similar experience?

Is there a way to tell eBay? I feel even if there is it shouldn’t be up to us to fight for something that is right. We already give a fair amount for the service. 

Message 1 of 3
Latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Promoting an item costing $10 then the buyer doesn’t pay and it’s a waste of $10

No, I haven't experienced that, as I don't waste money on listing promotions. If you are selling via auction, why would you bother? Your listing is going to move up the page every day anyway. People who search for auctions usually use the time ending soonest search.

I doubt you'll be able to get the fee back, but you can contact ebay via their chat, by clicking on the help button at the top of bottom of the page, during business hours.

Message 2 of 3
Latest reply

Why should Ebay refund you the promotional cost,  the sale was an agreement between you and the buyer, they have fulfilled there responsibility by finding you a buyer,  the buyer failed to pay, not Ebay,  

Message 3 of 3
Latest reply