Promotional 10 free listings UPDATE

Hi. Yesterday I told how my 'free listings' were being charged $1.65 even after an online chat when I was told I would not be charged.

Today I checked each listing throygh 'revise item'.....true enough each has changed to 'free'. 

When listing, 'free' would flash on then $1.65 after the photo went on. In the 'promotions' at the bottom of selling page, these new free listings have not been deducted though.

I will check my invoice when it comes. But I feel confident to use the last 3 free ones now.

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

I just spoke to ebay about this. Every time I try to list using the 10 free listings I get charged 1.50. The rep said it is a "known issue". They said go ahead and list the ten items and then phone ebay and they will refund each charge individually, Then, when the items sell, phone them again with the item numbers and they will refund each final value fee. I wont be wasting my time with any of that. 

Another glitch that is also a "known issue". If you have a store you get a certain amount of free listings. Lets say its 600. When you get to 599 and try list number 600 you get charged. This is another glich and has been ongoing for a long time.

I also asked about yet another problem. Buyers have been complaining in the last couple of days that they cannot combine purchases but are forced to pay immediately. The rep said this was another "known issue". 

Apparently all of these glitches are caused by system updates but they seem to take a heck of a long time to fix. Its all disappointing.

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

My 10 free listings went like this.

I was listing the 40 free, i had done 37 and just checked my all selling section and found I had 3 left on the 40 and 5 had disappeared on the 10. I hadn't used that 5 at all, I went back to my active section, then went back to the all selling section and 3 more were gone.

then right before my eyes the last 2 dissappeared. I couldn't believe what I was seeing. All of the 10 were "used". Not by me however.

The ebay gremlins are at it again.

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

i was charged $3.85 each listing for 3 listings. over $10

only get refunded after checking and ringing/contacting to get fees removed.

they say its a 'technical glitch '  but honestly that is a poor excuse.

how many days does it take to fix someting that they do all the time.

they should just delete the offer and redo it 

seems as thought they trying to get the fees the are giving away back in customer service tax write offs...

i wonder how many people dont/wont notice the fees

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply