Purchasers who do not read post but purchase anyway.

I sell plants on eBay, and due to Australian Quarantine regulations, I cannot legally sell to WA, Tasmania, and NT.  I have written this in HUGE letters on the post description, at both the start of the items description, and again at the end of the item description.  And yet, I have constantly found people respond by purchasing the item, and when I look at the order details and address, find they are in one of the quarantine states, thus forcing me to enable a refund.  I am inclined to write that NO refund will be given if purchasers are from any of the quarantine states, but realise this is not really a solution.  However, I do find it extremely irritating that this is continuing.  I know you cannot force a person to read the item description, however, when it is in huge bold lettering both at the beginning and at the end of the main description, it makes my blood boil.  

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

gec2002
Community Member

Unfortunately many buyers never read pass the title.  Perhaps try fitting "No WA TAS NT" in the Title if needed.  I know it reduces the number of spaces left by 13 from 80 to 67, but if its a major issue maybe that's the trade off.

---------------------------------------------------
Profanity is no substitute for wit.
Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

Why not try the 'excluded' locations in the postage options when listing.
There are multiple domestic locations that you can exclude from your listings.

Have a look in the postage section preferences (before the payment preferences)

I haven't used it myself so I don't know if it actually works or not.

Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

Good one Min_56 that's a good way to block certain areas, TAS and NT are the whole state and for WA you would need to check, Perth metro, WA Regional and WA Remote.  You find it in Postal Preferences Excluded Locations Optional.

---------------------------------------------------
Profanity is no substitute for wit.
Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

Thats life,  I have about 100 items listed,  all clearly say I will combine postage,  but always get emails asking do i combine postage.   Do I jump on the forums and rant, nah just a 10 second thing or reply back.

Or that I don't post overseas,  do I jump on the forums and rant.  No just cancel the sale,  maybe 11 seconds for that one.

You do realise that 99.995% of buyers never look at the forums,  but hey if it makes you feel better.  enjoy.

Really boiling blood can lead to all sorts of health issues, take a chill pill.

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

@sugar249 wrote:

do I jump on the forums and rant.  .

take a chill pill.

You just did - Sugar. lol

Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

Thanks, I have had my rant..... served its purpose (made me feel better).   I will try some of the helpful suggestions made above though, especially the one about excluded areas for postage.  Have not thought of that before, so dont know if it works.  Thanks though for responding.  cheers. 

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

As posted not too long ago, eBay now puts sponsored items before the description, so it is probably going to get even worse now. I do see PLEASE READ DESCRIPTION in titles, and often even details like NO (and the name of an item in photos for comparison) for example.

Message 8 of 8
Latest reply