Question about selling

I've been on ebay for about 16 years, it was a great place to sell, and buy, for years.  Until the buyer changes came in a few years ago.  I got ripped off a few times and decided to exit the selling business.  Every year or so I have a pile of junk to get rid of and I think (wrongly) maybe things have changed now at ebay, maybe its like the old days.  Each year I come back for a few weeks, and as regular as clockwork I get ripped off or negged for no reason, or some other issue.  This time was no different, but I'll spare you the details (check my feedback if you want to see the gory details).

My question is, is there a way for sellers to list things such that its possible for buyers not to stuff you around with fraudulent returns, unfair neg fb, etc?  Or is it a risk with every transaction on ebay?

I'm wondering this because I thought I had the perfect model, pick up only, and cash only.  I had a few people pay with PP, but I refunded them and sent them a note saying pay in cash - which they always did.

This time I had a stupid moron interstate buy something, when I cancelled the transaction he negged me, then again (and lied about me being a crook) when I re-listed it (such a lovely human being, a real model citizen).  I cancelled it because he was dodgy, but the description and item details did say pick up only.  ebay wont remove the feedback, I dont care about that, I've made sales since, but I'm wondering how one can sell without all this BS?

PS. I'm so glad I exited ebay fulltime, its actually worse now, gets worse each year.  Its like crawling in to the gutter each time I sell on ebay.

Thanks for reading.

Message 1 of 13
Latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Question about selling

There is no problem with several accounts having the same address.....I have 2 IDs registered at this address and my OH has one.

Message 11 of 13
Latest reply

Question about selling

It would only be against ebay policy for them to buy from you with another id if you had added them to your blocked bidder list after the first transaction. If you did do that then contact ebay again using the call me back option and explain what has happened again, Keep it factual, no name calling or personal attacks against the buyer. If that doesn't work call back a few hours later, eventually you may get somebody to listen.

The buyer protection for pick up items with Paypal is far more rerstrictive than for a posted item, if you ask for and make a copy of photo id when they come to pick up you should be OK as you have all you need to contact the police if they try to diddle you.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 12 of 13
Latest reply

Question about selling

your 100% right, you either bite the bullet and keep constantly having to adapt, or make no money, buyer is KING and you have to bow. or you just simply wont make any profit. ebay was fun 9 years ago. but it is a different kettle of fish now.

Message 13 of 13
Latest reply