Question re the 40 free listings

cq_tech
Community Member

Probably a silly question but hypothetically, if I put up 40 free listings at the beginning of the month and sell 10 of those items in the first week, can I replace those 10 items with another 10 listings at no charge, or must I wait until the end of the month to do so? IOW, can I keep replacing each sold item with a new free listing as it's sold or will I be charged a $1.50 insertion fee each time?

Message 1 of 26
Latest reply
25 REPLIES 25

My 40 new freebies are usually there when I get up in the morning on the 1st, so not really sure what time they kick in. If I think of it next week, I'll check just after midnight and see if it resets at midnight.

I really have to pull my finger out, I still have about 30 freebies left for the month! I was holding off listing thinking we might get another lot of 150 freebies, but it's not looking like that's going to happen before the end of the month now. I've actually got the whole weekend off this weekend so will hopefully use them up then.

Message 21 of 26
Latest reply

If you start them on 1 Nov and they auto-relist 3 times, they will end on 11 Dec. And the last free relist will happen on 1 Dec

Message 22 of 26
Latest reply

In that case, I'll physically end them all on Dec 30 instead, unless I can be absolutely certain that if I allow them to end normally on Dec 11, all 40 free listings will reset on that date instead of having to wait almost 3 more weeks until the 1st of January before they become valid again.

I would have thought that because they were created in October, even if they automatically relisted a week or more into December, they would only come off December's allocation until they'd ended, at which time I would once again have 40 free listings available to use. That's the part that I find so confusing.
Message 23 of 26
Latest reply

In the 2nd paragraph above, please replace 'October' with 'November'.
Message 24 of 26
Latest reply

Put simply, the original listing is either free (if you have freebies available) or paid, but each of the free relists is exactly that, free.  They do not incur a charge nor count towards your free listing allocation regardless of when they roll over.  So you are safe to list on Nov 1 and still have your full free relist allocation available on Dec 1 for other listings.

Cheers,

Penny
Message 25 of 26
Latest reply

Thanks Penny, I finally understand how it works now. ๐Ÿ™‚
Message 26 of 26
Latest reply