Repeat negative feedback offender

Hi,

Need some help, i sold an item a few months back and was left neutral feedback for the transaction with the customer stating that his item took to long to get to him which was 3 days and his item was squashed which i offered a replacment which he kindly told me to get **bleeped** and noticed he had a pattern of leaving neatural or negative feedback and rang ebay and they said there is nothing to dispute . Was just looking at my feedback and looked up this buyer just then and low and behold is seems every 2nd item he buys he is leaving this feedback for sellers. Is it worth another phone call to eBay or am i going to be sitting on the end of the phone for an hour again with nothing done once again, any help or advice on this would be great as i want his feedback of my account.

Message 1 of 40
Latest reply
39 REPLIES 39

From personal experience with ebay phone agents, you could be in for a long and soul-destroying experience.

If you have the backbone and the fortitude for it, you could try to get them to see reason with regard to the buyer in question.

Possibly they will undertake to watch the pattern of feedback he/she is leaving, but that doesn't mean they will do anything about it.

From the 'horse's mouth' (ie an ebay phone agent) I've been told that ebay is primarily focused on retaining their buyers, clearly at the cost of their sellers' online trading experience.

Apparently on ebay buyers are more important than sellers.

Don't know quite how they work that one out ! Where would they be without us sellers !!!!

Its up to you to decide whether its worth the effort !

Message 2 of 40
Latest reply

I wouldn't bother. I don't think it will get you anywhere and doubt it will affect your sales.

Some buyers can't be pleased no matter what.

Definitely put him on your BBL if you haven't already.

image host
Message 3 of 40
Latest reply

I mentioned in a post here recently how on one of my accounts a buyer left me a negative and had a total of 10 feedback for their account. However they had left 11 feedbacks for sellers of which all 11 were negative and I was the 11th victim. I naively complained to eBay as I still hadn't worked out CS then and pointed out how they have only ever left negative feedback and clearly some kind of defamation plot. They agreed it looked suspicious as they always agree to anything I say but said there is nothing they can do but forward my concerns to the Corrupt Trust & Safety Team. Months later with no further correspondence from eBay about this, the buyer was still active, had left further negatives and my feedback from this buyer was still standing.

Sorry for your misfortune, but the best advice is save yourself any further frustration, drink a couple of stiff drinks and never look at it again.

Message 4 of 40
Latest reply

Personally.....I would leave it alone.

Your reply to the neut feedbacks is awesome, not heated or overstated, just very calmly and well put.

As adivsed, block the buyers and carry on with what you deo best, selling your product.

You can't please all the people all the time, so now I just please myself

Message 5 of 40
Latest reply

just a tip, it's no use saying check feedback because unless you type the persons ID in the actual reply we can't see the ID all we see is L***J (56) etc.

Message 6 of 40
Latest reply

Of course you are correct Harley re the buyers feedback, which is precisely why I made no mention of 'checking the buyers feedback' in my post.

Is this the start of a lovely friendship Harley ? or should I start clearing my responses with you before hitting the 'post' button?

You can't please all the people all the time, so now I just please myself

Message 7 of 40
Latest reply

@harley_babes_hoard wrote:

just a tip, it's no use saying check feedback because unless you type the persons ID in the actual reply we can't see the ID all we see is L***J (56) etc.

The ID was all but given.

Probably still wearing the 'goggles'.

Message 8 of 40
Latest reply

what some more new inaccurate advise helen?
Message 9 of 40
Latest reply

Out of bed on the wrong side again harley.

What advice would that be.

Simply read the response (good one) to the neg feedback he was referring to.

Message 10 of 40
Latest reply