Report: eBay Mulling Thousands of Layoffs

20 REPLIES 20

Their boss still will get 23 million dollars for his "great" work.Now you know how they work for you.

@aps1080 wrote:

What will happen.

Thousand of ebay employees will get laid off.

Some will turn to ebay to sell stuff to try to make some money.

They will then realise what a PITA it is, that the fees are too high, money being held for 21 days is painful to the seller,

it's all in the buyers favour and then try contacting ebay / paypal to resolve issues and find out just what a PITA organisation

they are to deal with !!!

I call it KARMA !Smiley LOL

Hopefully word might then filter back that ebay needs to change !

Message 11 of 21
Latest reply

Lets be honest they do have lot of 'Deadwood' to get rid of.Smiley Happy

Message 12 of 21
Latest reply

First to go should be the Tech Team.  

They can't maintain or fix the site now, so it couldn't be any worse without their fiddling with things that weren't broke before, but now are.

Message 13 of 21
Latest reply

what eBay should do is sack the team of Muppet's that sit around all day dreaming up these new policy's they have forced upon everyone.

eBay says its a better system now.

sellers can have there funds frozen for 21 days.

sellers are at high risk of being scammed by new system (money back **bleep**).

buyers give up looking because every search done gets flooded by 1000's of chiness sellers

I cant understand why a company like yahoo or goggle have not tapped into a market that millions of people would use and compete with there own auction site and give eBay some competition .

as long as ebay has no competition they will continue to do as they please

Message 14 of 21
Latest reply

I think eBay Australia should be audited by the tax authorities. they charge GST on sale whenever they feel like.

if possible everyone should report them to tax authorities to conduct. 

They have no idea how much they hurt their sellers with their terrible customer service and support. It is almost impossible to find someone on the phone who can speak and understand English properly. Their staff are inconsistent and ignorant of their own company and policies. They only know how to transfer calls or hang up on people rudely.

Message 15 of 21
Latest reply

@beautysecretfashion 

I think eBay Australia should be audited by the tax authorities. they charge GST on sale whenever they feel like.

if possible everyone should report them to tax authorities to conduct in respective country. 

They have no idea how much they hurt their sellers with their terrible customer service and support. It is almost impossible to find someone on the phone who can speak and understand English properly. Their staff are inconsistent and ignorant of their own company and policies. They only know how to transfer calls or hang up on people rudely.

Message 16 of 21
Latest reply

Get a grip - this thread is sooo old.

Begin your own.

Got a gripe - at least make it a 2023 gripe. 

Message 17 of 21
Latest reply

i wish they fire all customer support and governments could restrict them to keep customer support within country of ebay shops. this will help employment locally

Message 18 of 21
Latest reply

Is that why you need to buy from yourself and leave yourself positive feedback using your other accounts?

You aware aware that is not allowed and if eBay catch you out they will close down all of your accounts and ban you from having any others again?

Message 19 of 21
Latest reply

I think you should read the dates and topics of threads you reply to. And maybe look up ATO laws on small value imports.

Message 20 of 21
Latest reply