Restricted brand names or high risk items list!

As the title states, I can not find a list on here anywhere and also would really like to know.  As I am sure you are aware eBay likes to randomly punish some people for listing certain brands whilst others get a free reign to sell (gotta love ebay).  But will not tell us what we can and cant list instead wait untill we do and penalise us then. I had a great convo with chat support which left me with more questions then answers.

So I am starting this post for peope to share there experiences with so called prohibited items on ebay so we can get a defined list of what ebay allows and does not.

If you could just put downa a certain type of product that got you in trouble or any certain brand names too, I will compile them all into a list at the end and post it on this forum for all to use.

Thanks for all your help fellow ebayers.

Best Regards

GS

Message 1 of 17
Latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

If you click on the link I left above, then look at PANDORA, from what I can gather, you can sell the items, as long as they are the real deal. You can't sell a copy and mention the word PANDORA in the listing, e.g, looks like PANDORA, or fits a PANDORA bracelet. 

I think another one I randomly clicked on was the Jaguar/Land Rover link. You can sell items for those brands, but you can't put their logo on listings if they are after market products. You can say that a RYCO oil filter is suitable for a Jaguar, but you can't put the logo on the page. I think that's how it went!!!

Message 11 of 17
Latest reply

You can only sell Pandora if you are an authorised reseller of the brand.   There is only one Authorised Reseller on ebay.

It is one of the brands that is removed very quickly as Pandora is very active in policing ebay listings.

Message 12 of 17
Latest reply

I wish sellers selling vinyl goods would not leather in their descriptions and titles.

They could use leather_ette for example.

In China, leather means vinyl fabric, and if you want REAL leather it's called cow leather or hide or something.

In Australia, leather means LEATHER not vinyl.

Accuracy means less disappointment for buyers.

Message 13 of 17
Latest reply

@annies_fancy_dress wrote:

I wish sellers selling vinyl goods would not leather in their descriptions and titles.

They could use leather_ette for example.

In China, leather means vinyl fabric, and if you want REAL leather it's called cow leather or hide or something.

In Australia, leather means LEATHER not vinyl.

Accuracy means less disappointment for buyers.

If they are Australian sellers, it could be keyword spamming. When I was looking at Matchbox cars one time, you'd see headings like "Vintage Matchbox bus - NOT Dinky, NOT Ludo NOT Corgi", so their items would appear in search results for those other brands. I'd report them, but the listings never got removed. 

Message 14 of 17
Latest reply

There is no such list, you also don't need permission to sell brand names. The only way companies cna stop you selling O eBay is if there is evidence your product is counterfeit or it has a cross patent which applies it some brand sin the EU. I sell thousands of brand named items, the latter is the only 9nes that ever have been taken down. You can relist them and exclude EU shipping. 

Message 15 of 17
Latest reply

@shoptillyapop wrote:

There is no such list, you also don't need permission to sell brand names. The only way companies cna stop you selling O eBay is if there is evidence your product is counterfeit or it has a cross patent which applies it some brand sin the EU. I sell thousands of brand named items, the latter is the only 9nes that ever have been taken down. You can relist them and exclude EU shipping. 

selling brand named items can be restricted/controlled on eBay, even used items.

There are some brands that only allow authorised resellers and they are proactive in protecting their brand rights.

As stated in posts before yours (on this 7 year old thread!) eBay have a VERO program where registered rights owners can have listings taken down simply by notifying eBay.  If you want a list of VERO participants it can be found here:

https://pages.ebay.com/seller-center/listing-and-marketing/verified-rights-owner-program.html#m17-1-...

Message 16 of 17
Latest reply

In the distant past, I've had a listing pulled because I stated something closed with a Velcro strip - a big no no

Also (in the distant past) - a Troll doll - listing was pulled as some guy in the UK apparently owned that name (or claimed to own that name) - WTH ???

I still don't get that as over the years there are lots of Troll dolls listed/sold on E-Bay and they are most likely still listed now; but my troll doll was the offending one - so off it went !

Message 17 of 17
Latest reply