Rude buyer

So I sold someone a product, I thought it was real I mean I didn't intentionally sell a fake but this clothing item there are so many different styles running around, anyway he's being extremely rude etc on messages, not that I care, but if I offer a refund I have to send him my address, and eBay won't refund him until he sends it to me with proof, is that about right? He wants postage on top but I know once I refund I'm the money he's deleted from the transaction. I'm not a power seller, I jut sell a few second hand items I come across. I want to tell him where to go to be honest, but if I did then he asked eBay for a refund what would happen he would keep item and I would be debited the full amount? A few years ago I sold an iPhone to a girl and she got a refund and she still had the iPhone luckily she did get it back to me, but I'm not sure how the dealings go these days. Only refunded one item a long time ago.

Message 1 of 13
Latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Rude buyer

If the buyer is being abusive / profane in the messages, report them to eBay.

Message 11 of 13
Latest reply

Rude buyer

Put yourself in the buyer's shoes. They bought what they thought was a genuine item, only to receive a fake item. Would you get angry if you were in the same circumstance? I think it's reasonable to get angry in that sort of situation. It's up to you to know what you're selling. Whether you sell fakes intentionally or because of incompetence, it's not fair on buyers so you have to expect to cop some flak over it.

As rocket2retro said, I don't think ebay require fake items to be returned so just refund and move on. I could be wrong but I think I've read that it's illegal to even send counterfeit items through the post.
Message 12 of 13
Latest reply

Rude buyer

It is illegal to send fakes internationally......Customs get involved in this.....but it is not illegal to send within Australia.  How is anyone going to know what is in a parcel that has no declaration attached to it?

Message 13 of 13
Latest reply