Seller feedback for unpaid item case

As a seller I am aware that I may not leave a(red)negative feedback to a buyer for an unpaid item case. What statement can I write on a(green)positive feedback that makes the community aware of a non-paying member that is allowed by ebay?

Message 1 of 25
Latest reply
24 REPLIES 24

I closed an unpaid item case yesterday had msg buyer twice to ask if there was a problem to let me know before dispute opened.No reply so dispute opened and closed 4 days later with no communication,5 mins after dispute closed I receive a msg stating "How dare I do this I am a buyer and command respect,do you know I can leave you Neg feedback".Then goes on to tell me she sells and lets buyers take up to 2 months to pay and I need to wake up and not be so rude and push.There are some special ones out there.

Message 11 of 25
Latest reply

Yes, I really love the ones who don't respond to any messages..not!
My buyer just totally ignored me but at least I didn't get any response after closing the case.
Some interesting people out there.
Message 12 of 25
Latest reply

Ha, she can't leave feedback when the unpaid is closed.

Sometimes there has been a glitch when a buyer can leave feedback but if she does just contact eBay and tell them the unpaid case was closed.

Make sure she is added to your special list. (BBL) Smiley Wink

image host
Message 13 of 25
Latest reply

best thing to do is go through the non payer thing, then put em on your blocked list and move on.

yes they are a pain but not worth the trouble really.

2 strikes and their bidding/buying is cut to only sellers without blocks, bet thats anoying for them.

lifes too short to get worked up over non paying jerks.

besides i think hardly anyone reads feedback anyway. and you cant stop someone with false positive feedback buying from you anyway.

Message 14 of 25
Latest reply

As a one off, and having seen multiple positive with negative comments from other sellers in a non payers feedback, I wrote something like

" Myself and your other x amount of sellers would have very much appreciated payment "

That comment was never removed lol

And just for the record, I did have blocks in place for non payers so obviously multiple sellers didn't bother reporting her-arrgghhh

Message 15 of 25
Latest reply

@jimmyjoejoe_jnr wrote:

I closed an unpaid item case yesterday had msg buyer twice to ask if there was a problem to let me know before dispute opened.No reply so dispute opened and closed 4 days later with no communication,5 mins after dispute closed I receive a msg stating "How dare I do this I am a buyer and command respect,do you know I can leave you Neg feedback".Then goes on to tell me she sells and lets buyers take up to 2 months to pay and I need to wake up and not be so rude and push.There are some special ones out there.

Good grief.

She can't leave feedback about it but if she did you could have it removed (which I certainly would do if it happens, just to show her you command respect too.Smiley Happy)

Anyway, I doubt she lets buyers take 2 months to pay without any communication from them at all. Which is what she evidently expected you to do. No matter-if she operates that way, more fool her. Other sellers don't have to.

Message 16 of 25
Latest reply

@jimmyjoejoe_jnr wrote:

Smiley LOL Smiley LOL Smiley LOL

(Just in case it's not clear, I am very much laughing at the sender of that message, not the receiver 🙂 ).

If she lets buyers take up to 2 months to pay (which I find suspect and likely thrown in there to somehow make you feel like you were being unreasonable), more fool her - buyers can't pay via eBay checkout after 30-odd days (which in today's climate means risking sanctions for trading off ebay, since the FVF on postage can't be calculated / charged, and /or if there are any messages indicating things like PayPal invoices), nor can sellers get a fee credit if they don't end up paying. 

Message 17 of 25
Latest reply

You can leave feedback just before you close a case.  Just put in capital letters "THANKS FOR NOT PAYING AND A TOTAL LACK OF COMMUNICATION!!!! BEWARE!!!! DON'T DEAL WITH THIS DEADBEAT!!!!".

I have seen it in places, and yes, people don't read their feedback, especially buyers- why would they? They can do no wrong, according to Ebay.

Message 18 of 25
Latest reply

Not a good idea to encourage members to flout eBay's feedback policy of not leaving positive feedback with negative comments.

If the buyer were to complain the comments would be removed and the seller sanctioned.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 19 of 25
Latest reply

What if sellers came up with a code, of sorts, a bit like how titles have acronyms that mean specific things - as a most basic example, we all know what NPB means, but what if we had an agreed-upon list of things that can perhaps neither be viewed as positive or negative, but each one meant something specific...

eg: 

ಠ_ಠ = "I disapprove of NPBs"

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶ = "why did this buyer even purchase my item" (this buyer can't be satisfied with anything)

ʘ‿ʘ = "I have no idea what this buyer is doing"

¯\(°_o)/¯ = "spurious returns / disputes / requests"

ಠ‿ಠ = "this buyer went straight on my BBL"

눈_눈 = "I'm gettin' real tired of this s**t"

Message 20 of 25
Latest reply