Seller limits? Add credit card?

Hi everyone!

I'm new to Ebay, having opened a store just last month. I'm still restricted to listing just 10 items a month (which is really low!) - Signing up for a basic store is a little bit deceptive in that it advertises that you can list 200 items per month. Originally I emailed Ebay to which they replied:

"Your selling limit of 10 or AU$ 2,500-worth of items (active + sold) per month is not a restriction. We place a selling cap on selling accounts in an effort to assist sellers in growing their business effectively."

I've been looking through the forums to the answer of how to increase my seller limit - have some people have suggested to add a credit card to my seller account (to receive 100 listings), originally I just had paypal linked, so I've switched it over, but I can still only list 10 things. Is there a specific place you need to add it for it to work?

Thanks in advance!

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

I believe once you have added a credit card you need to contact CS and request an increase in your limit.

Cheers,

Penny
Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

When we did this a while back it automatically upgraded to the 100 limit as soon as we linked in the card.

Also try upgrading your paypal account to Premium. This is free to do and you will need it to be a seller. Not sure tho if this will affect your selling limit.

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

Not sure what you mean by switching over from Paypal, do you mean you have changed your automatic fee payment funding source? That is not the same as adding a credit card for account verification.

There is little point in paying for a store until you can list 200 items at least, you get 40 included listings with a non store account so it would be better to close your store and just list as BINs for 10 days until you have built up some feedback and upped your selling limit.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

How do you link a card to a new account? My mate that opened a second account a couple of weeks ago started off with the usual 10 limit. He linked it to his new account by following the prompts in the increase your limit link, which told him the new account would increase to the same limit on his existing account. They kindly upgraded him to a 30 limit.

He is using the same PayPal account that he uses for his existing account. I would have thought that using the same PayPal account that has a credit card attached to it should have increased it to the same limit, like they said during the upgrade process? He got all excited when the freebies came out this morning, but they are totally useless to him on his new account!

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

Thanks for your replies everyone!

I just got off the phone to Ebay - and they have manually adjusted my limit to 100! Woohoo!

They basically checked my account, my other ebay account which I have never sold anything from, and my linked bank account and said all was ok there.

They said if I wanted to increase my limit to 200, that I should have 25+ positive feedback and 90 days of seller history.

Yay 🙂

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply