Seller sent a note saying they would pay soon.

Seller purchased an item and included a note saying they would pay soon.  When I went through to the order details I found that  cash with pickup had been selected (no postage).  As the buyer lives in South Australia and I live in New South Wales I sent a note asking the seller to advise who would be picking up the items.  I have not had a reply.  I was wondering if they pay without postage and can’t arrange pick up am I obliged to send the item. 

Message 1 of 3
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Unless you hear from them by the end of the day, I would cancel and refund the transaction - putting "problem with buyers address" as the issue. That way you won't get a defect. Sounds like buyer has not realised you're in a different state or they have changed their minds and you most likely won't hear from them.

However, if they do pay, they must arrange the pickup as per the listing, or again, just cancel it as you are not obliged to simply send it because of an error on the buyers part.

I would also then relist the item and make sure your postage options are narrowed down to your state, and I would also add the postcode in the title of the listing: ie - pickup 2224 (or whatever it is), so that it is clear to buyers from the outset.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
Latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Unless you hear from them by the end of the day, I would cancel and refund the transaction - putting "problem with buyers address" as the issue. That way you won't get a defect. Sounds like buyer has not realised you're in a different state or they have changed their minds and you most likely won't hear from them.

However, if they do pay, they must arrange the pickup as per the listing, or again, just cancel it as you are not obliged to simply send it because of an error on the buyers part.

I would also then relist the item and make sure your postage options are narrowed down to your state, and I would also add the postcode in the title of the listing: ie - pickup 2224 (or whatever it is), so that it is clear to buyers from the outset.

Message 2 of 3
Latest reply

maybe friend/family will be picking up....has happened to me
Message 3 of 3
Latest reply