Seller sent wrong item - said would resend, but no further response...

I bought an item a couple of months ago from seller in UK.

It was received after a few weeks, but it was the wrong item, so I contacted the seller about and gave them a photo showing the wrong item.

The seller apologised and said they would re-send the correct item. They did not ask me to return the wrong item I had received.

I have now waited a month and a half for the re-sent item but nothing delivered, so I contacted the seller again — twice in 2 days. No response at all!

I tried to contact eBay to ask them too step in but the instructions don't match what the website allows...

Getting really frustrated. 

Message 1 of 3
Latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Unfortunately it is a common tactic to promise to send a replacement when there is a problem, then nothing arrives. If you used PayPal to pay, you should still be able to open a case (you have 180 days since the date of purchase), but I don't know if they will ask you to return the item. Usually they do, but if the seller tried to scam you with empty promises they might be more understanding. It is always a good idea to register for free returns with PayPal by the way.

Message 2 of 3
Latest reply

Are you still within 30 days of the last ETA for the item ?  If so open a case with eBay's MBG rather than a Paypal one.

https://pages.ebay.com.au/ebay-money-back-guarantee/index.html

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 3 of 3
Latest reply