Selling Limits

I find it interesting having been a member since 7 April 2000, previously being a Power Seller for over 12 months, in the past 12 months over 90 positive feedbacks with 5 star feedbacks that I am now restricted to:

"You can sell up to 25 items or up to AU $1,500.00 per month, whichever comes first.".

Having been verified through Paypal and eBay in the past this is an interesting move by eBay that I have to go through the process once again (having had the same residential and postal address for the past nine years).

Has anyone else been required to jump through the hoops again?

Message 1 of 10
Latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Selling Limits

All I can say after looking at your record,is wow,thats harsh.Have you tried calling ebay?Do you have a credit card linked?

Message 2 of 10
Latest reply

Selling Limits

Yes, if an account is dormant for a period.

As foxette says, if you link a card for ebay fees to be paid, that can lift a limit.

image host
Message 3 of 10
Latest reply

Selling Limits

As can be seen from the feedback the account has been quite active in the first six months this year, and fees paid on time (payment method not changed).

After reading your message I linked my credit card for direct fee paying with no change to the limitations.

The change only happened in the past 24 hours, with no limits or restrictions before that.

No I have not contacted eBay as there are alternatives.

Message 4 of 10
Latest reply

Selling Limits

I would contact eBay straight away. If your account has been active and paid on time as you say then this is THEIR mix up, make THEM fix it! With the fees they earn from you they should be able to help you out.

eBay's "systems" have only freaked out once for me, but it was a big freak out. The sort that left me staring at the screen thinking "what the *&^#@ am I going to do now!!??"

I called eBay and had the problem resolved in 5 minutes. Ive had to call them 3 times for different reasons and each time I've got someone friendly and helpful

"I thought an Android was something from Star Wars"
- Mum
Message 5 of 10
Latest reply

Selling Limits

You have one item listed for $900, is this unusual activity on your account? If it is then it could be what would trigger a restriction.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 6 of 10
Latest reply

Selling Limits

Listed an item for $1100 last month and have listed a few over $900 in the past without being restriced. Last month I pad over $25 in eBay fees (see the last 6 items I sold, 4 were not cheap items).

Message 7 of 10
Latest reply

Selling Limits

$25 a month in eBay fees!!??? Gee you're doin well 😉

"I thought an Android was something from Star Wars"
- Mum
Message 8 of 10
Latest reply

Selling Limits

That was mainly for four books that I paid a premium for myself.

Message 9 of 10
Latest reply

Selling Limits

I went through the verification process again and can now sell up to 100 items per month (won't happen).

Message 10 of 10
Latest reply