Selling to the USA and UK . Buyers are having to pay for each individual sale.

Myself and at least 6 other card sellers are getting alot of complaints by our overseas buyers in both the US and UK .  We have all complained to ebay and are getting no where.   Our customers want to purchase more than 1 item at a time usually a minimum of 5 up to 20 items and straight after purchase are directed to pay immediately.  so they have to pay for every item seperately and hence cant be bothered .  Who can blame them?  Why is this happening when ebay customer support has told me i have my settings correct?  How can it be corrected ?

Message 1 of 121
Latest reply
120 REPLIES 120

Exactly how come ?  Truth is I feel like smashing the computer lol.    I have never been so frustrated with ebays intelligent answer over and over again  'its not an ebay australia problem' .  I bet if someone famous was selling and it happened to them ebay would make it their problem.   I am going to try one more time tomorrow to get on the phone as the written complaints are falling on deaf ears.  Besides yelling at someone might make me feel a bit better if nothing else. hahahaaha

Message 61 of 121
Latest reply

@oldregretscolt wrote:

I think the checkout is a new but  permanent compulsory thing.  

I'm beginning to suspect the same thing, as there has been mention of trials in the US where an item remains listed until it's paid for, but it must be messing with some things because there should be add to cart options regardless. Fingers crossed that whatever they're doing, they fix all the glitches soon.

@bonza.. It sounds like there wouldn't be any new information to gain if I committed to purchase an item via the US site if buyers have already used that option and said they could continue to shop / finalise purchases afterwards, as that was what I was  interested to know. I don't think it would have anything to do with the checkout options, as that just makes the eBay integrated checkout available post-purchase and you wouldn't be able to switch it off on any listings that offer PayPal (which I'm guessing is all of them).

Message 62 of 121
Latest reply

And AT LAST  a confirmation messsage from ebay that THERE IS INDEED AN ISSUE and they are working hard to sort it out !!!!!!!!!!!

OH halejuah.  I am ready to rejoice.

Will revert with further detail as it comes to hand.  

Message 63 of 121
Latest reply

today I got onto ebay.co.uk customer support as you can have a live chat with them after another UK buyer complained.  Please read the chat transcript below,  I find it extremely hard to believe this has happened on purpose and noone on Australian ebay has been able to tell us about it or acknowledge it has happened or put it in messages to alert the ebay community as it must be affecting many.   Pathetic...........................

Derek Parlour

As earlier the buyers were able to buy the iuttem and then pay later. In that case what happens is like the item is reserved for that perticular buyer and at that time if the buyer doesnot pay then it becomes a waste of time for the seller. And in the international purchases cases it happens often. So, we have set the immidiate payment with buy it now.

bonza-cards-australia

ok but most of my and other ebayers customers don't want to put it in cart but buy all items and pay immediately there is no option to continue shopping

Derek Parlour

So, in this case for the overseas buyer of your, they have only one opption is to pay for the item and then you refund. But, I am surely farwarding this thing to our site development team, so that they can consider your and like yours situation and can bring a resolution to thing problem.

bonza-cards-australia

this is going to affect thousands as with collectables. you collect 1 of each kind. eg stamps, cards, so every item is different i have 1600 items

Derek Parlour

So, as a work around if they want to put a item in the cart then they can do that.

bonza-cards-australia

no they cant put anything in cart

Derek Parlour

They need to login to Australlian eBay site which is "www.ebay.com.au", once they login in to that then they will be able to put the item in the cart.

Derek Parlour

I have given the resolution and that how they can out the items in the card but please note that they will not be able to request total for the combined postage cost.

bonza-cards-australia

i can sort it my end that part

Derek Parlour

Yes, you can sort it only this way

bonza-cards-australia

ok so you can forward on the complaint and i will have to do this in the meant time. trouble is new customers cant be bothered and most are not buying as its a hassle for them

Derek Parlour

I am sorry to say that but what you can do is you can just simply put a message to say that please add the item in your cart by adiint it on australlian eBay website.

bonza-cards-australia

i cant understand why ebay Australia could not tell us this or notify everyone in message of such a huge change.

Derek Parlour

I will surely farward this on the urgent and priority basis.

bonza-cards-australia

thankyou very much

Derek Parlour

It was my pleasure to assist you with this.

bonza-cards-australia

i am going to forward this conversation on to some of the other sellers

Derek Parlour

Yes you surely can do that if you want.

bonza-cards-australia

thankyou i am sure you will be hearing from others this week

Derek Parlour

It was my pleasure to assist you with this.

bonza-cards-australia

i am going to forward this conversation on to some of the other sellers

Derek Parlour

Yes you surely can do that if you want.

bonza-cards-australia

thankyou i am sure you will be hearing from others this week

Derek Parlour

I just had two of them before you. 🙂

Derek Parlour

So, I have gathered all big data and I am going to arward them just after my shifts gets ended.

bonza-cards-australia

ok great thankyou

bonza-cards-australia

there u go

Message 64 of 121
Latest reply

Now we know it was a deliberate change, we will have to add information to every item informing overseas buyers that they will have to log into the au site in order to purchase in bulk successfully.

Message 65 of 121
Latest reply

@bonza-cards-australia wrote:

Now we know it was a deliberate change, we will have to add information to every item informing overseas buyers that they will have to log into the au site in order to purchase in bulk successfully.

If that's true, it has to be one of the most fundametally flawed and counter-productive decisions I've seen eBay make. Smiley Surprised Smiley Sad

Message 66 of 121
Latest reply

How ridiculous.

Thanks for your time on it Bonza.  I cannot believe it came to this.  Why haven't more buyers been affected? Why is the US having some of the same issues?  Do you think our regulars that are not experiecing the problem are logging in to ebay AU?

Message 67 of 121
Latest reply

I am not sure but all my UK buyers are having this problem for multiple purchases.  All I can suggest is that our US buyers may of used the 'other' option as I had it on about half my listings.  They could be on the AU site.   Also, if they are using a tablet or phone with the ebay app and do not do the updates often they may be using an old version of ebay app so wont have the upgrade yet.   Whichever way its been a deliberate change created by Ebay and obviously not well thought out.  I believe lots are affected and dont know it as yet.   Remember if you are selling clothes or even pegs they have multiple colours all on the 1 listing, so if they purchase 10 it combines as they are not buying from different listings.    It seems to be its only a problem if purchasing multiple items from different item numbers. 

Message 68 of 121
Latest reply

Ebay AU appears to consider the problem is resolved because we know why it is occuring.  

I cannot beleive they have closed the matter and concur that it is a good idea to avoid non payment on items.........to have them commit to the sale by paying immediately.  I fear if this takes hold in the US we will be in major strife as you know Bonza, there are buyers that buy 30, 50 even 100 items in a single shopping spree in our site.

I need to find out if Fair Trading is the dept that deals with this sort of thing.  Pay/Pal will be enjoying a massive influx in fees whilst this ridiculous system is in place.

How rude it would look for buyers to only receive a refund for the net amount after pay/pal fees are deducted from postage.

How do we find out a list of other sellers that this affects and build a case?

Message 69 of 121
Latest reply

Well anyone from the US or UK who buys off an aussie that collects things like coins, stamps, trading cards, playing cards, postcards all those type of things that you need multiples of will be affected.  Mainly the  collectables category will be affected, perhaps as people from overseas may not be buying bulky or heavy multiple items.

Ebay Australia is not going to fix the problem , they told me again today its not their problem all they will do is put in feedback.  They are leaving it up to us to contact Paypal to chase any fees owed due to all the refunds we have had to do and i think we need to get onto them next.     Maybe if paypal are pressured by many they will get onto ebay about it.

The only other avenue is to alert other sellers but i dont know how to and I still cannot get onto Ebay US I may have to make the phone call.  I have added a spiel to my listings and at the bottom urged any buyers to complain.

Message 70 of 121
Latest reply