Send Offer to Buyers - Any Success

Is anyone willing to share their levels of success with using the "send offers to buyers" feature?

I'm currently at 0 sales from 22 offers sent.

I usually knock 10 - 15% off the BIN price. Still no interest from the watchers.

Funny thing is 6 of the items I sent offers to, have since sold at full price.

Message 1 of 22
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Not replying to anyone in particular...

If you reduce the price ebay will most likely send an email to any watchers telling them of the price reduction.  A friend of mine decided to use that and try to get some interest but it was a waste of time.

I reckon if something's going to sell, it'll sell, and if it ain't going to sell, it ain't - at least not until it's ready to.  My experience is that all the tweaking in the world is just a waste of time, or most of it is.  I just have to wait until ebay gives me my turn at sales.

View solution in original post

Message 8 of 22
Latest reply
21 REPLIES 21

I have no interest in using it.

Message 2 of 22
Latest reply

I find it very annoying

Message 3 of 22
Latest reply

Watchers are often other seller seeing what yours sells for.

Or often used as a christmas wish list.

image host
Message 4 of 22
Latest reply

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

As a buyer I have had several sellers send offers to me.

I have not been able to take advantage of any of the offers as I have no funds available at the moment for anything but very necessary purchases.

Several of the items were Christmas decorations....the offers would have been very welcome nearer to the appropriate time but certainly did not come under the heading of necessary purchases.

Several of the offer amounts were laughable....a 50cent discount on a $25 item.....also a 50cent discount on a $15.99 pair of hand knitted gloves.   To me, discounts like that are a waste of time.....it needs to be at least 5% but preferably 10%.

Message 5 of 22
Latest reply

i tried it for the first time the other day after hesitating for a long time. no joy.

will stick to not sending offers, because as a buyer; i'd hate to be bombarded for unsolicited offers. if i wanted to buy the item, i would just go to my watch list and purchase it. 

Message 6 of 22
Latest reply

Yes I had success on another account with a sale the day after the offers I sent out expired. Bit like when someone sends you a low offer and you reply with slightly more and they never respond then the item sells the following week for full price.

Message 7 of 22
Latest reply

Not replying to anyone in particular...

If you reduce the price ebay will most likely send an email to any watchers telling them of the price reduction.  A friend of mine decided to use that and try to get some interest but it was a waste of time.

I reckon if something's going to sell, it'll sell, and if it ain't going to sell, it ain't - at least not until it's ready to.  My experience is that all the tweaking in the world is just a waste of time, or most of it is.  I just have to wait until ebay gives me my turn at sales.

Message 8 of 22
Latest reply

Thank you all for sharing your experiences.

Feel I have given this feature a fair go - will stop bothering will it for the time being.

Message 9 of 22
Latest reply

I've sent out 12 offers I think. 1 sale came of that. I don't really like using it, as it could annoy the buyers.
Message 10 of 22
Latest reply