Sendle

Is anybody experiencing issues with Sendle collecting parcels?   I booked for collection on 28/12 and still not collected!    It’s been over one week - I have had Sendle promise twice to collect and its still not happening.   I live close to Sydney and have never experienced this as a seller.    I’m just curious if its only me and are Ebay aware given they promote Sendle?

Message 1 of 21
Latest reply
20 REPLIES 20

Sendle

@*sons_and_daughters* wrote:

While people are quick to bag out Australia Post, at least they mostly deliver when they say they will. 

My experience is Australia post is extremely reliable. Extremely.

I find the staff out our local post office are lovely and go out of their way to be helpful.

I have found the prices aren't necessarily any dearer than some couriers. Guess that part depends on what you are sending off and what level of a business you have, but for the average citizen, that is the case anyway.

I am always amazed at how many things sold on ebay supposedly go missing.

Not saying some of them aren't genuine but those people who keep having issues with Auspost non delivery-something fishy there, just saying.

Message 11 of 21
Latest reply

Sendle

AP are generally very reliable. However, some pockets of terrible experiences do exist, and it can be very difficult to get AP to actually listen and investigate. So 'nefarious' drivers can exist and go unchecked for far too long. I practically had to beg them to investigate and use statistics to get them to recognize that my experiences needed to be investigated. 

Thankfully, I insure my parcels and after many months and over $10k of parcels becoming 'lost' (as they tried to convince me that some parcels just do get 'lost') they looked into my account and almost straight away after me giving them the stats, they knew they had to look into it. So yes, AP are generally reliable, but when issues arise it is not as straight forward to get them to investigate, despite them having a 'Revenue Protection' team. 

Message 12 of 21
Latest reply

Sendle

The thread is complaints from sellers about Sendle, or factually, their designated subcontractor, not picking up parcels.

Even though most seem to advertise AP as their carrier of choice. Then seem to think that if they pay peanuts they won't get monkeys.

Message 13 of 21
Latest reply

Sendle

The title of the thread may be about Sendle, but AP has been mentioned as much within the thread as Sendle has, and most of it singing AP's praises. You could argue that most of that praise is justified, but it needs to be tempered with the reality that things can and do also go wrong with AP. 

On the second part, you can understand why many 'try' Sendle given the promotion that eBay give them. I personally have had at least two offers of free parcels using Sendle. Of course, due diligence needs to always be used, but you can see why some sellers choose to try them out.  

Message 14 of 21
Latest reply

Sendle

I have many more that 2, more than my fingers and toes, even. I choose not to dilute my brand, nor to advertise a postage method I subsequently charge for, but use a cheaper option.

Horses for courses.

Message 15 of 21
Latest reply

Sendle

My beef is with sellers stating Aust Post on listings but then going for cheaper options and using Sendle for whatever reasons. 

May I ask if you do use the cheaper option, do you personally show on your listing that is how it will be coming and lower postage charges accordingly?

Any buyer deserves to be aware "up front" how an item will arrive.

I personally came very close to having a business (not ebay) destroyed because something was shipped thru Sendle and took several weeks to arrive that I am very paranoid about them or most couriers.

Agree AP not infallible but I would go with them all the way.

Message 16 of 21
Latest reply

Sendle

I am sorry to hear about your experience and obviously, if you had $10k of parcels going missing, there was a problem somewhere close to your end.

My experience is they are generally reliable but there are always exceptions.

My experience also shows that when there is a problem, any sort of problem, it can take a while to get people to properly listen to you. I have found this throughout life-in all walks of life too-from doctors, to vets, to Austpost to sendle to shopkeepers.

You name it. I suspect they are almost trained to fob people off at first with the easy, generic explanations.

I am glad you were able to persist & get some action.

Message 17 of 21
Latest reply

Sendle

Yes I have the same issues with them and despite talking to one of their rep and reassuring me it will be collected on the second day, no one ever turned up to pick it up! Lucky I allowed myself 3 days for handling because I end just cancelling the pick up and deliver with AP.

I also tried Sendle due to eBay promoting it heavily but it's unreliable and I think eBay should stop promoting them.

Message 18 of 21
Latest reply

Sendle

@cornetto_bear wrote:

Yes I have the same issues with them and despite talking to one of their rep and reassuring me it will be collected on the second day, no one ever turned up to pick it up! Lucky I allowed myself 3 days for handling because I end just cancelling the pick up and deliver with AP.

I also tried Sendle due to eBay promoting it heavily but it's unreliable and I think eBay should stop promoting them.

Why bother? I pack my parcel, attach the label, take to the PO on the same day and it's posted. No mess, no fuss. No waiting around for pick ups, that may or may not happen. Is it worth it for the sake of saving a dollar to be stuffed around by Sendle? Madness. Absolute madness.

Ebay promote it because they give them money. That's why. 

Message 19 of 21
Latest reply

Sendle

I'd rather take notice of all the issues so many people on forum have had with Sendnought than eBay listing it as one of the options

Going on that logic, one would go out and buy everything advertised on telly because it was 'promoted' 

eBay won't stop listing them as an option because sellers won't stop using them to save themselves a buck 

Message 20 of 21
Latest reply