Sent OS orders today.....not impressed at all....AP achieving all new lows...

OK, Two parcel orders. One to UK. One to USA.

3 options for airmail: 1. Nothing, 2. Tracking, 3.Tracking and Signature.

The difference in "tracking" to "tracking & sig" was about double the price.

$23 to $46 for my 250 something gram UK order.

Decided on tracking only. The number is supplied on your cash register receipt.

No ID required.

On ebay, the USA tracking # takes me to USPS which shows no record of number. 

Manually putting it in AP tracking shows lodged.

The UK # takes me to AP tracking and shows lodgement.

Now, I filled out the new form which is very similar to the old "Registered International" form. (see below)

To my horror, there is now NO CUSTOMER COPY. 

All you have is your payment receipt naming country and tracking #.

Holding that stamped "customers copy" from the old "Registered International" form made me feel all warm an fuzzy.

Having the buyers address and all....

Now I have nothing.....

How hard would it have been for another carbon copy customers slip in the paper work? 

Not impressed!

This new form also has REALLY small space height for writing in.

IMG_20160418_0001.jpg

Message 1 of 12
Latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Ok, she screwed up, and maybe quoted you Express or something.

Message 11 of 12
Latest reply

@chezzy wrote:

Thanks dg! I don't suppose the customs copy and PO copy get printed on the same page do they? (I take it you hand those

2 to the PO?). Shame they can't all go on one page but I guess they would be a touch small then.

Still not sure if I will ship overseas yet but interested in anything that can save time/resources. Lets know how it goes with the standard? (have they said if the label system will change for click and send?)

Sorry it took me a little while to come back - the first page prints the package and post office copy, while the second page prints the customs and customer (your) copy, but they are all identical. It's a bit of a drain on ink really - registered international always used to print 4 labels the same as this, while Pack & Track only ever printed the two, and I never really understood why customs needed a copy for one service and not the other (the staff at the PO didn't know, either). 

I mainly used the economy service (would have gone as a letter beforehand) so I can keep an eye on the barcode number for this one, (it's going to the US), just in case I get any tracking results on the USPS site. 

If I can't send my items as letters anymore, I'll probably switch to Skippy Post, most of their prices are cheaper than AP's economy, and they include tracking, as long as a 30-day transit / delivery time won't tick off my customers, anyway. 

Message 12 of 12
Latest reply