Some of my GTC listings have up to 43 days + to run?

Is this new?   Would it mean that they get to a certain number of days and are then deleted?

Thank you.

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Thank you,  I still don't entirely understand but I'll be sure to keep an eye on my account.

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

Did you read both my posts in that thread, including the one where I provided a link to ebay's help page on the subject?  

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

From brerrabbit's link:

❝Starting 1 July 2019, we’ll be changing the renewal schedule for Good ‘Til Cancelled listings from once every 30 days to once per calendar month. The exact day of the month that the renewal will occur will depend on the initial listing start date.

If a listing has been ended and then relisted by you, the initial listing start date is the day of the month that it was last relisted manually or through a tool.

For example:

• If the initial listing start date was on the 1st to 28th of a month, it will now always renew on the same day.
  • If the initial listing start date was the 29th, 30th or 31st of a month, the exact duration will be adjusted in shorter months, but move back to the original day in longer months.

Starting 1st July 2019, we’ll also migrate all existing Good ‘Til Cancelled listings to this new schedule. This update also aligns with monthly billing cycles and promotions, and will make it easier for you to manage your expenses.❞

And quoting what brerrabbit has said:

@brerrabbit585 wrote:

[...]

From July 1st, gtc listings are supposed to roll over on the same day of every month (the same day as they were initially listed), ie. 5th of every month if they were listed on the 5th of a previous month. If they were listed on the 31st and a subsequent month only has 30 days they'll roll over on the 30th that month and then revert to the 31st for subsequent months that have 31 days.

If something was listed last year or the year before on the 17th of a month, but it's worked its way back to rolling over on the 3rd July, rather than rolling over on both the 3rd and 17th they're obviously extending the cycles for July/August so they don't relist twice in July and use up two listings.  This is why some sellers are having listings showing as having more than 30 days to run before they end. 

[...]

https://sellercentre.ebay.com.au/SU19-1/Marketplace-Updates

@egyptian-shop, this is a very cogent explanation, and I hope you read not only brerrabbit's explanation with example, but also the page to which brerrabbit linked. If, after reading that, there is anything in that page which you don't understand, ask here for further explanation.

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply