Stamp Prices for Ordinary Letters increasing from 3 April 2024

cooladel-6
Community Member

Apologies if there is already a discussion about this. I posted a couple of thin books I had sold that were able to be posted as large letters today and was told that the cost of stamps had increased, and just wanted to let people know as I certainly hadn't seen anything on the Australia Post website whenever I had checked pricing.

The stamps have gone up from $1.20 to $1.50.

So now these are the prices:

Small letter up to 250g

130 x 240 x 5mm

$1.50

Large letter up to 125g

260 x 360 x 20mm

$3.00

Large letter over 125g and up to 250g

260 x 360 x 20mm

$4.50

Large letter over 250g and up to 500g

260 x 360 x 20mm

$7.50

I've changed my listings which were affected, fortunately I only had a few. Feeling sorry for those who have loads of listings to update!

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Yes, there are a couple of threads on the forum about it, one from a while ago

I have seen it posted about on other forums as well

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

@cooladel-6 wrote:

I've changed my listings which were affected, fortunately I only had a few. Feeling sorry for those who have loads of listings to update!

Not sure what you consider loads of listing,  but if you use Postage policies,  its a couple of simple changes and hundreds of listings are update.   ie.  1 change and I update 86 listings.

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

Thank you for reminding me about this. A good idea to 'refresh' the topic, I'd read earlier posts but not noted my calendar to do an update on my listings. Done now.

Happy Easter (just had another cold and naked Hot Cross Bun)

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

As the price increase comes in on Wednesday 3 April, and we'll next be posting on Tuesday 2 April, we'll be updating our postage either Monday night or early Tuesday morning (before we go into town).

As sugar249 said, easy to do with postage policies, hundreds or thousands of listings with one change.

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

>> Feeling sorry for those who have loads of listings to update!

Sellers with large catalogue's don't maintain them manually.  They have API connected systems.  I have over 16,000 listings and changing postage or some other setting takes a minute or less

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply