Tax office contact eBay about my store because its soled over $10t in the last year

Hi 

A couple of weeks ago eBay sent me a message that the ATO contacted them about my store(0411james)

The main reason is that it has generated more than $10000 in sales

I mainly use the money to buy more stock couldn't live on it

The kicker is that I have never declared it to centre link 

Would like to turn into a business they will get you a loan on a centre link benefit

Thanks

James

Message 1 of 13
Latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Tax office contact eBay about my store because its soled over $10t in the last year

@asporty wrote:
you mean that email about a week ago, then it went to most sellers as it was a SPAM. I checked it out with ebay.

LOL - the email came from EXACTLY the same email address as the free listing emails do - so it was not SPAM

Good on ya eBay Customer Service - ya drongos Cat LOL

anigif_enhanced-buzz-2059-1362150552-4.gif

Message 11 of 13
Latest reply

Oh yes I don't believe for a minute its spam.

Some CSR's are acknowledging it is from ebay, others are not.

My tax accountant has advised us in the past that ebay (at the request of the ATO) are providing sales figures to them.

He thinks they also do this with other less well known selling venues too.

So his advice was to always declare your sales income from any source.

His job is to minimise your tax thru legal means. Works for us as we end up under the thresholds and pay ZERO tax.

If you fail to declare it, it's only a matter of time before they catch up with you and then you will get serious trouble from both the ATO and Centrelink if you also have claims thru them.

Message 12 of 13
Latest reply

wow I thought you were a redhead

Message 13 of 13
Latest reply