This buyer takes the prize!!!

Just got a long winded email from a buyer rather abusive or perhaps very stern that I have sent them a box of 2000 paintballs instead of a ceramic figurine. 

Note that I use recyled boxes and find the paintball boxes perfect nice and sturdy.  The boxes are then wrapped in brown paper and fragile tape affixed.

I tried to be polite and suggested they perhaps open the box to find foam peanuts and plenty of bubblewap and in the centre of the bubble wrap they would locate there ceramic figure!!!  - i Apoligised for not being able to include the paintballs as felt that might cause some safety concerns to the ceramic figure. 

Really you would think a buyer might open the contents of the box before sending  very stern emails !!!!!

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

I sympathise...get it all the time with envelopes....I now write on the outside :"look inside"

Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

When I re-use a whole box of another product for packaging, I disassemble the box and turn it inside out and re-tape it, then it's completely blank and the postage service and buyer don't see anything which might be confusing or draw concern.

Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

@transport-posters wrote:

When I re-use a whole box of another product for packaging, I disassemble the box and turn it inside out and re-tape it, then it's completely blank and the postage service and buyer don't see anything which might be confusing or draw concern.

Yeah, I had funny looks which turned to concerned looks, then 20 questions from the PO a while back. I reused a box and didn't think when I labelled it that on the side was the original label for the previous contents......isopropyl alcohol and chlorhexadine.....with all sorts of dangrous goods symbols, that a friend got from work for me (she gets me lots of good boxes!). I assured them that's not what was in there and asked them to stick something over it. Oooops!

I never thought of turning boxes inside out. Anything with dubious labelling I tend to wrap in brown paper if my labelling doesn't cover it. I might start turning them inside out. Thanks for the tip!

Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

Yep, I like to disassemble the box and turn it  inside out - particularly as I use Weeties boxes!!!!    A  Weeties box is great value, very light cardboard but just the right size for a 3kg satchel.  

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

makes you wonder how some people feed themselves, oh magoo you've done it again.

Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

@*tippy*toes* wrote:

@transport-posters wrote:

Yeah, I had funny looks which turned to concerned looks, then 20 questions from the PO a while back. I reused a box and didn't think when I labelled it that on the side was the original label for the previous contents......isopropyl alcohol and chlorhexadine.....with all sorts of dangrous goods symbols, that a friend got from work for me (she gets me lots of good boxes!). I assured them that's not what was in there and asked them to stick something over it. Oooops!

I never thought of turning boxes inside out. Anything with dubious labelling I tend to wrap in brown paper if my labelling doesn't cover it. I might start turning them inside out. Thanks for the tip!

maybe this will help:

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/The-Cardboard-Sisters-Save-the-World-An-Activity-Storybook-by-L-A-Ocampo-...

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

I package my craft supplies in clear ziplock bags and used to get a few buyers messaging to tell me I hadn't sent them the quantity they ordered. I had, but they were assiming one bag = one lot without counting or anything. This happened on items where ten in a bag would look very different to twenty, as well, so I had to start writing the count on the bags to stop it. 😄
Message 8 of 8
Latest reply