This is a new error - 'the seller has updated information for some of these items'

Last week I had a customer complain of the above error.  During the process of checking out several items the buyer was given this notification and was prevented from proceeding.  He messaged me quite irate complaining about the situation and the time wasted.  I understood completely as he had purchased over 50 items and was doing the right thing by using his cart.

I'd never seen this before.  I wrote it off to a random API sync issue (I sync ebay with my inventory via API as I have thousands of listings)

But today I had another customer complain of the same issue.  Before I log this with both Ebay and my API vendor, I thought I'd see if any other sellers had complaints of this.

Thanks

Denis

Message 1 of 2
Latest reply
1 REPLY 1

This is a new error - 'the seller has updated information for some of these items'

If you are using software that periodically updates your listings in bulk (even if it doesn't make any changes, or it's just a quantity update), then this would count as a revision. eg I can see there was a revision on every listing I looked at, at around 7:15pm today, even though there are no changes logged in the revision history.

My guess is anyone buying 50+ items probably browsed over enough time for there have to have been at least one sync. If they view the listing again the error usually goes away - it's possible other buyers have either  experienced this and just looked at the listing(s) again to remove the error, or didn't browse and buy over enough time for any updates to occur. 

Message 2 of 2
Latest reply