Tip: New international fixed price shipping options

In case you've not noticed, ebay finally added some better choices for (slow) fixed price international shipping. They are:

International Economy : untracked (11 to 35 business days)
International Economy : tracked-no signature (11 to 35 business days)

International Economy : tracked-signature (11 to 35 business days)

I've already had a couple of customers that have messaged me asking where their item is and was able to point out that they chose one of those shipping options. Saved me a bit of stress, although I think it may have slowed my sales down.

Also it says business days, so it's really 13 to 49 days. 49 days might be realistic to somewhere like Russia. Although they still haven't fixed the problem of Russia being in Russia as well as Europe when calculating cost.

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

I don't know, mail to other countries via "economy" services can get there in a week, two weeks, three weeks, sometimes two to three months. Seems completely random. Jan to Mar this year was so stressful for me with deliveries to the US taking a few months to arrive. I was lucky I had understanding and patient buyers.
Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

The longest time is usually reserved to those south American countries. They have the slowest custom process. Ready to get buyer asking you where the item is by the 11-13 days 🙂
Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

I've only sent a few items, small items, to th US, in my recent Ebay experience, via Aus Post. 

And I was amazed at how quickly they arrived, and how detailed was the tracking information - much more so on both counts then posting to 'remote' Aus locations.

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

Yeah, The US, UK, and much of Europe is pretty reliable, and most deliveries will be much closer to 11 days than 35 days.

Still though, a lot of people have become accustomed to 5 days at most for domestic deliveries and don't consider that it might take longer from overseas.

Having some new delivery option descriptions for listings that are much clearer than "Standard Delivery" that could mean anything is great. Although I wish I could just put a custom description in. Then, since I have different postage costs for different areas, I could put in times that are more refined.

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply