Unable to Revise Listing with variations

This is becoming a problem now for me. This was reported over the past couple of days in another thread.

This morning I had a sale on an item and while packing I have reaslised I need to revise the qty on 2x listings where this item is used to show out of stock.

But I cannot revise my listings due to some web site error. Very frustrating.

After the sale this morning if someone orders another one of these I am unable to fulfill the order because I cannot revise my quantities.

How should I handle this one? Any suggestions?

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@clarry100 wrote:

Are you able to edit in bulk via Selling Manager. If you select two listings to revise (even if you only have one), you can then go into the bulk editor and revise listing quantity that way by ticking and changing just the one. 

If nothing worked and it was one item out of several that were still available in a popular listing, rathing than end the listing, I would hope I could sell the remaining quantity of that item to someone (maybe even someone I knew - friends and family are allowed to purchase via BIN) who wouldn't mind when informed that they might be waiting X amount of days or weeks for them to come back in stock, if you know what I mean. 😉

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

I had that problem and the only thing I could do was to go in and kill the listing. It might not be ideal but it will save anyone from ordering and paying for something that you can't sell them.

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

The listing has multiple variations for other sizes and colours for which stocks are OK.

So would rather not do that and also lose all the views and watchers and the listing rankings.

If someone does order I guess I will just have to explain what is going on and due to an ebay problem I am unable to show out of stock. And hope they understand enough to agree to cancel the sale and refund.

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

@clarry100 wrote:

Are you able to edit in bulk via Selling Manager. If you select two listings to revise (even if you only have one), you can then go into the bulk editor and revise listing quantity that way by ticking and changing just the one. 

If nothing worked and it was one item out of several that were still available in a popular listing, rathing than end the listing, I would hope I could sell the remaining quantity of that item to someone (maybe even someone I knew - friends and family are allowed to purchase via BIN) who wouldn't mind when informed that they might be waiting X amount of days or weeks for them to come back in stock, if you know what I mean. 😉

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

5kazam
Community Member

Can you go into your listing and type in at the top of the description box that you are 'CURRENTLY OUT OF STOCK (of this colour??!!)', and trust the buyers read it.

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

Well done DG.

Selecting and editing as you suggested via SMPro has worked.

I was able to take the qty of just the one variation with the problem down to ZERO.

Now it correctly shows out of stock on the listing.

Thank you sooo much for that suggestion.

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

Glad it worked 🙂

Thankfully, I have been able to list and revise without any issues (so far), so I'm curious about how/why this is affecting some members and not others (not that I'll hold my breath for an answer from eBay Smiley LOL ). 

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply