Very low selling limits

Hello.

I've been selling on ebay occasionally for many years (I am mostly a buyer). I have 100% positive feedback, my seller status is "above average". 

Recently I tried to sell my old computer parts and suddenly I noticed I have a limit of 3 items and £200 pounds of value perth month. As far as I remember the value limit used to be at least £1000 and hunders of items allowed per month. 

Also, I moved to Australia last year (has sold a few items since with no problems) so I trade in Australian Dollars, and yet ebay is still showing me limits in British pounds, which is odd. 

A selling limit of £200 is very low, given my long history and positive track record. If this limit is a penalty of some sort I have no idea what the penalty could even be for. 

Any ideas for how to resolve this? 

Thanks 

Message 1 of 10
Latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Very low selling limits

eBay sees you as a "new seller" because you've only had a few sales in the last year. Once you build up a proven track record your limits will be raised.

https://www.ebay.com.au/help/selling/listings/selling-limits?id=4107

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 2 of 10
Latest reply

Very low selling limits

go to HELP at top of page....I see that you are in 

Australia....but ebay thinks you're in England...you need to sort this out....good luck!

Message 3 of 10
Latest reply

Very low selling limits

Thanks. 

Do you know how many items/value one must first sell? An average PC gamer will be selling components only once in a few years, I can sell my motherboard/CPU first  for $AU200-300, but that's it. If after this single sale the limits are not raised then I can't sell my GPU. 

Is it a recent policy? I remember selling graphics cards in 2018 and I wasn't anywhere near the limit, although I don't remember what the limit was exactly, but it was high enough that I never had to think about it. 

Message 4 of 10
Latest reply

Very low selling limits

After I moved I updated my contact details, Australian address, Australian payment methods, but it made no difference.

When I go to settings pages, seller dashboard, seller acount, everything is listed in Australian Dollars, but selling limits are still listed in British Pounds.

When I click on Payments, I get this message.

"Your payment information is not available on international eBay sites. To view and update this information, please go to Payments on the GB site."

I have recently linked my ebay account to my Australian bank account, which will be used for payouts, and it's now being verified.

What else do I need to do? 

Thanks

Message 5 of 10
Latest reply

Very low selling limits

It still shows you are registered in the UK at the side of your page

Feedback rating: 187
Positive Feedback: 100%
Member since 15-Aug-08 in United Kingdom

Have you contacted eBay and asked they update this for you ?
I don't think that part is something you can change yourself if you originally opened your account in another country 
Message 6 of 10
Latest reply

Very low selling limits

@harakiri100 wrote:

Is it a recent policy? I remember selling graphics cards in 2018 and I wasn't anywhere near the limit, although I don't remember what the limit was exactly, but it was high enough that I never had to think about it. 

Selling limits for new sellers have always been there, but eBay's a bit stricter on it now until you get proven selling record up. I'm not sure on the dollar limits/numbers of successful sales, but you can request a higher limit.

https://www.ebay.com.au/help/selling/listings/selling-limits?id=4107

They might be able to help you with the UK/Australia problem there as well, but ask to speak to a supervisor as soon as you're able to.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 7 of 10
Latest reply

Very low selling limits

Try creating a new account. That would give you an Australian account. You just need a different email address. Not sure if that would work. You'll still have things like funds holds and whatnot, but it might at least get you in the right currency.

I would definitely get onto ebay and see if they can give you a limit increase first. 

Message 8 of 10
Latest reply

Very low selling limits

I had exactly the same issue, countries, etc.

I phoned support, and they said it’s impossible to move countries - I would have to create a new account in Australia.

On a callback, they immediately offered to raise the seller limit to £330, and after waiting for a supervisor, they accepted my request to increase it £600 within 24h.

Message 9 of 10
Latest reply

Very low selling limits

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 10 of 10
Latest reply